Let Me Think About It
|"Let Me Think About It"|
|Single by Ida Corr vs. Fedde le Grand|
|from the album One|
|Released||25 September 2007|
|Format||CD single, 12-inch single, digital download|
|Label||Lifted House, Ministry of Sound, Flamingo Recordings|
|Writer(s)||Ida Corr, Burhan Genc, Christian von Staffeldt|
|Producer||Ida Corr, MoTrack|
|Ida Corr chronology|
"Let Me Think About It" is a song performed by Danish soul singer Ida Corr and Dutch house disc jockey (DJ) Fedde le Grand. It is a remix by le Grand of Corr's original track which appeared on her 2006 album Robosoul. The song features vocals by Corr and Danish R&B singer Burhan G.
In 2006 Ida Corr, Christian von Staffeldt aka Motrack and Burhan Genc wrote the track for Ida Corr's second album Robosoul. Corr, Motrack and Kasper Tranberg produced the original album version of the song. soul version album.
The remix has an electro and house feel, with a 'jerky' beat and also with an element of jazz. The original song uses less drums and has an acoustic-urban feel.
Alex Fletcher of Digital Spy gave the song four out of five stars, and wrote: "Fedde has teamed up with Ida Corr to produce another three minutes of thunderous dance-tastic frivolities. 'Let Me Think About It' couldn't possibly be any more of an Ibiza TUNE. It's the sound of Pete Tong, Dave Pearce and Scott Mills stood screaming with a load of Club 18-30 reps, while some boozed-up bikini-clad temptress grinds up against you all soaked up into a CD package. Packed with parping horns, cascading synth beats and the sound of a fire alarm being played along to the theme from Shaft".
In summer 2007 director Marcus Adams shot the music video for the remix in London. The video features Ida Corr with an afro hairdo and the dancers Anchelique Mariano, Dominique Tipper and Stephanie Fitzpatrick, dressed in a similar manner dancing and feigning to play various instruments. Dancer Jason Beitel, who mimes to Burhan G's voice, is the male protagonist of the clip. Natricia Bernard did the choreography.
The song is the third Danish single of Ida Corr's album Robosoul and the third single from Fedde le Grand, released in the UK, following the No. 1 smash hit "Put Your Hands Up 4 Detroit", and the well-received collaboration with Danish singer Camille Jones, "The Creeps". "Let Me Think About It" became the most successful single for both artists. The single reached #2 on the UK Singles Chart on the October 7, 2007 chart and stayed there for one more week. It has peaked at #14 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart, #58 in the Polish Singles Chart and #11 on South African Radio 5FM. The single also peaked at #3 in Romania.
In the United States it was released by Ida Corr (but listed as "Ida Corr vs. Fedde le Grand") and reached number one on Billboard's Hot Dance Airplay chart on February 9, 2008, making it the first import single to reach the chart, until the week ending March 1, when Ministry Of Sound America picked up the single for a US commercial release. Many stations such as Hot 99.5, z100, and 102.7 (Kiss FM), Pulse 87 and WKTU added this song to their inventory due to high digital download sales. This song was also featured in the 2008 film Wild Child and the 2008's series of Germany's Next Topmodel.
Danish remix single
U.S. digital download
U.S. remix digital download
- Ida Corr – songwriting, production, vocals
- MoTrack (Christian von Staffeldt) – songwriting, production, additional instruments
- Burhan Genc – songwriting, vocals
- Kasper Tranberg – trumpet
Charts and certifications
"With Every Heartbeat" by Robyn
|UK Dance Chart number-one single
October 6–27, 2007
"Uninvited" by Freemasons feat. Bailey Tzuke
"What Hurts the Most" by Cascada
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Airplay number-one single (first run)
February 9, 2008
"Anthem" by Filo & Peri featuring Eric Luminere
"Anthem" by Filo & Peri featuring Eric Luminere
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Airplay number-one single (second run)
February 23 - March 22, 2008
"Stars" by Erika Jayne
Awards and nominations
"Let Me Think About It" has been certified a Platinum Award for more than 18,000 sold singles by IFPI in Denmark and with an award for more than 10,000 plays in UK by Nielsen Music Control Airplay Awards Notification UK. The single also won two Danish DeeJay Awards in 2008 for "Best Danish Deejay Favorite" and "Best Danish Dancehit". In 2008 the song has been certified an IMPALA Diamond Award for selling more than 250,000 units (CDs, Downloads, Albumtrack) in the European countries.
|2008||P3 Guld Awards||Listener's Favourite Hit||“Let Me Think About It”||Nominated|
|Danish Deejay Awards||Danish Deejay-Favourite||“Let Me Think About It”||Won|
|Dancechart.dk Award (Danish Club Hit of the year)||“Let Me Think About It”||Won|
|Zulu Awards||Best Danish Hit||“Let Me Think About It”||Nominated|
|International Dance Music Awards||Best Breaks/Electro Track||“Let Me Think About It”||Nominated|
|IMPALA Diamond Award||Won|
- City TV Interview
- WKTU Interview
- Fletcher, Alex (25 September 2007). "Music - Singles Review - Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand: 'Let Me Think About It'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- Behind The Scenes
- Ida Corr Facts
- German Chartblog
- One (Liner Notes). Ida Corr. disco:wax. 2008.
- "Australian-charts.com – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It" (in French).
- "Ultratop.be – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Danishcharts.com – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It". Tracklisten.
- "Illegal name entered Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand/Ida+Corr+vs.+Fedde+Le+Grand/chart?f=349 Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand Album & Song Chart History" European Hot 100 for Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand.
- "Lescharts.com – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége" (in Hungarian). Single (track) Top 10 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Ida Corr – Let Me Think About It" (in Dutch). Mega Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It". Top 40 Singles.
- "Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand – Let Me Think About It – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Ida Corr Vs Fedde Le Grand" UK Singles Chart.
- "Guld og platin i marts". Pladebranchen.NU.
- "Ida Corr site 2010". idacorr.
- "2007 in music".