Let Rock Rule Tour
|Let Rock Rule Tour|
|Tour by Aerosmith|
|Start date||July 10, 2014|
|End date||September 12, 2014|
|Shows||20 in North America (to date)|
|Aerosmith tour chronology|
The Let Rock Rule Tour is the current concert tour by American hard rock band Aerosmith that features Slash (with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators) as the opening act. The tour is expected to send both acts to various locations across North America from July to September 2014. Two festival concerts and eighteen regular concerts have been announced. Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators are not expected to perform at Rock Fest in Wisconsin, but are expected to perform at all of the other concerts.
Full details of the concert tour were announced on April 8, 2014 in an interview with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry on On Air with Ryan Seacrest and through the launch of a new version of the band's website. To promote the tour, the band played a brief concert with Slash at the Whisky a Go Go on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, California. Tyler and Perry also appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show where they gave away tickets to the studio audience.
|July 10, 2014||Wantagh||United States||Nikon at Jones Beach Theater|
|July 13, 2014||Kitchener||Canada||Big Music Fest|
|July 16, 2014||Mansfield||United States||Xfinity Center|
|July 19, 2014||Cadott||Rock Fest|
|July 22, 2014||Cincinnati||Riverbend Music Center|
|July 25, 2014||Tinley Park||First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre|
|July 30, 2014||Inglewood||The Forum|
|August 2, 2014||Las Vegas||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|August 8, 2014||Stateline||Harveys Outdoor Arena|
|August 16, 2014||George||The Gorge|
|August 19, 2014||Denver||Pepsi Center|
|August 22, 2014||Dallas||American Airlines Center|
|August 25, 2014||The Woodlands||Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion|
|August 28, 2014||Atlanta||Philips Arena|
|August 31, 2014||Atlantic City||Boardwalk Hall|
|September 3, 2014||Newark||Prudential Center|
|September 6, 2014||Bristow||Jiffy Lube Live|
|September 9, 2014||Clarkston||DTE Energy Music Theatre|
|September 12, 2014||Sydney||Canada||Open Hearth Park|
An average setlist would look like this:
- "Back in the Saddle" (not performed at shows in Stateline, George, Denver, or Dallas; replaced with "Train Kept A-Rollin'" at shows in Atlanta, Atlantic City, Newark, Bristow, and Clarkston)
- "Eat the Rich" (moved after "Love in an Elevator" at shows after Stateline; moved back to this slot for shows in Atlantic City, Newark, Bristow, and Clarkston)
- "Love in an Elevator"
- "S.O.S. (Too Bad)" (only performed at shows in George and Denver)
- "Livin' on the Edge"
- "Monkey on My Back" (not performed at shows after Las Vegas)
- "Kings and Queens"
- "Toys in the Attic"
- "Pink" (only performed at the show in The Woodlands) or "Jaded" (only performed at the shows in Atlanta, Atlantic City, Newark, Bristow, and Clarkston)
- "Rag Doll"
- "Freedom Fighter" (replaced with "Stop Messin' Around" at shows after Inglewood)
- "Big Ten Inch Record" or "Same Old Song and Dance" (neither were performed at shows in Newark, Bristow, or Clarkston)
- "Rats in the Cellar" (replaced with "Lord of the Thighs" at shows after Tinley Park; replaced with "Mama Kin" at shows after Denver; "Mama Kin" replaced with "Movin' Out" and "Walkin' the Dog" at show in Atlantic City; "Mama Kin" was performed with Slash at the shows in Newark and Clarkston)
- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
- "No More No More"
- "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" (replaced with "Come Together" at shows in Atlantic City, Newark, Bristow, and Clarkston)
- "Walk This Way"
- "Dream On" (Encore)
- "Sweet Emotion" (Encore)
- At the show in Wantagh, "Monkey on My Back" was not performed, while "Chip Away the Stone" was performed after "No More No More" and before "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
- At the show in Mansfield, both "Freedom Fighter" and "Stop Messin' Around" were performed back-to-back, followed by "Mama Kin" (with Slash), which caused "No More No More" to be dropped from the set that night, due to time constraints. "Train Kept A-Rollin'" (with Johnny Depp) was added as a final encore after "Sweet Emotion"
- At the show in Stateline, "Pink", "Jaded", and "Janie's Got a Gun" were added, while "Eat the Rich", "Monkey on My Back" and "No More No More" were dropped
- Before "Dream On", Steven Tyler performs a snippet of "Home Tonight" or "Darkness" (at the show in Newark, a snippet of "Mia" was also performed, in addition to a snippet of "Home Tonight")
- Slash joined Aerosmith on stage for "Mama Kin" at the shows in Mansfield, Newark, and Clarkston
- Also at the Mansfield show, actor Johnny Depp joined the band on stage for a performance of "Train Kept A-Rollin'"
- Aerosmith played a private show in Dana Point, California on August 5th for Allstate
- The concert in Concord on August 13th was canceled due to problems with Joey Kramer's health
- Joey Kramer's son Jesse filled in for his father on the August 16th date in George, WA and the August 19th date in Denver, CO, with Joey returning to play for the encore songs on August 19th
- After being challenged by Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge at the end of their performance in The Woodlands
- The entire show in Clarkston was broadcast live on Yahoo!
- At the show in Clarkston, Slash presented a cake and Steven Tyler led the audience in singing "Happy Birthday" in honor of Joe Perry's 64th birthday the following day
- Steven Tyler - lead vocals, harmonica, maracas, piano on "Dream On"
- Joe Perry - guitar, backing vocals, lap pedal steel, talkbox
- Brad Whitford - guitar
- Tom Hamilton - bass, backing vocals
- Joey Kramer - drums, percussion
- Additional musicians
- Buck Johnson - keyboards, backing vocals
- Jesse Sky Kramer - drums, percussion (on August 16th and 19th)
- Kaufman, Spencer (2014-03-22). "Aerosmith + Slash Set to Announce 2014 U.S. Tour". Loudwire. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Aerosmith and Slash to Officially Announce 'Let Rock Rule' Tour Details Next Tuesday". Blabbermouth.net. 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-06.