From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St Mary's Church, Letheringham
Letheringham shown within Suffolk
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
St Mary is a tiny church, the remains of the tower and nave of a Priory church, and sits in a farmyard. It is open 24 hours a day.
- Robert Naunton (1563–1635), English politician and writer : location of death
- Sir Robert Wingfield of Letheringham (1403–1454), a son of a senior Sir Robert Wingfield (c. 1370 – 3 May 1409) and Elizabeth Russell
- Captain Edward Maria Wingfield (1550–1631), a soldier, Member of Parliament, (1593) and English colonist in America
- Akenfield, a 1976 film was partly shot on location in Letheringham.
- Ledringhem, a village in Nord département, France could share a same topoymy.
|This Suffolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|