Letnitsa Municipality within Bulgaria and Lovech Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Letnitsa|
|• Total||178 km2 (69 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Letnitsa Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Летница) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Lovech Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located on the border between the area of the Fore-Balkan and the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Letnitsa.
The municipality embraces a territory of 178 km² with a population of 5,101 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Letnitsa Municipality includes the following 4 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Gorsko Slivovo||Горско Сливово||715|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)