|Established||March 7, 1923|
|• Administration||Vitaliy Tymchak (PR)|
|• Total||951 km2 (367 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code||+380 3857|
Letychiv Raion (Ukrainian: Летичівський район, Letychivs'kyi raion) is one of the 20 administrative raions (a district) of the Khmelnytskyi Oblast in western Ukraine. Its administrative center is located in the urban-type settlement of Letychiv. Its population was 34,588 as of the 2001 Ukrainian Census and 29,209 as of 2012.
The Letychiv Raion is located in the eastern part of the Khmelnytskyi Oblast, corresponding to the modern-day boundaries of the Volhynia and Podolia historical regions. One of the main rivers that runs through the raion is the Southern Bug. To its east, it borders upon the Lityn Raion of Vinnytsia Oblast.
The Letychiv Raion was established on March 7, 1923 as part of a full-scale administrative reorganization of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic. It was established along with the Medzhybizh Raion, both of which compromise the Letychiv Raion's current territorial boundaries.
In 1959, the raion's territory was expanded with the annexation of the Derazhnia Raion, Stara Syniava Raion, and Medzhybizh Raions. In 1967, the Derazhnia and Stara Syniava Raions were separated from the Letychiv Raion, leaving it with its current boundaries.
The Letychiv Raion is divided in a way that follows the general administrative scheme in Ukraine. Local government is also organized along a similar scheme nationwide. Consequently, raions are subdivided into councils, which are the prime level of administrative division in the country.
Each of the raion's urban localities administer their own councils, often containing a few other villages within its jurisdiction. However, only a handful of rural localities are organized into councils, which also may contain a few villages within its jurisdiction.
Accordingly, the Letychiv Raion is divided into:
- 1 settlement council—made up of the urban-type settlement of Letychiv (administrative center) and Medzhybizh
- 19 village councils
Overall, the raion has a total of 57 populated localities, consisting of two urban-type settlements, and 55 villages.
Places of interest
- "Letychiv Raion, Khmelnytskyi Oblast". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "History". Letychiv Raion State Administration (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Letychiv". Castles and Monuments of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Medzhybizh". Castles and Monuments of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 8 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Letychiv Raion.|
- "Main Page". Letychiv Raion State Administration (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 8 January 2013.
||Starokostiantyniv Raion||Stara Syniava Raion|
|Khmelnytskyi Raion||Lityn Raion, Vinnytsia Oblast|