Leuren Moret is a conspiracy theorist and lobbyist on issues of radiation and public health, specifically advocating against the use of depleted uranium ammunition. She worked at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. She was appointed a citizen member of the City of Berkeley Community Environmental Advisory Commission on September 6, 2001  and served until her termination  on January 4, 2006.
Moret describes herself as a whistleblower on nuclear weapon research and states that her 2000 visit to the Peace Museums at Hiroshima and Nagasaki changed her life. Her efforts are focused on educating people about the negative impact of radiation on health and advocates against testing of nuclear weapons. The Tehran Times has described her efforts as a "crusade".
Moret declared on March 21, 2011 that the “Japan Earthquake" and “accidents” that occurred March 11, 2011, were deliberate acts of tectonic nuclear warfare. She claimed further that the "attack" was carried out using HAARP technology by the Central Intelligence Agency, the United States Department of Energy, and British Petroleum on behalf of London banking interests.
- Ostovar, Afsaneh (30 October 2007). "Globalists attempting to depopulate the world". Tehran Times.
- Harding, Jim (2007). Canada's Deadly Secret: Saskatchewan Uranium and the Global Nuclear System. Fernwood Pub. via Indiana University. p. 257. ISBN 978-1-55266-226-7.
- Khadilkar, Dhananjay (15 February 2007). "Attack on Iran would result in India feeling nuked: Moret". Daily News and Analysis.
- Chughtai, Shaheen (15 September 2004). "Washington's secret nuclear war". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Ali, Aishah (18 March 2008). "Aishah Ali’s interview with geoscientist Leuren Moret". Tehran Times.
|This biographical article about an Earth scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|