Horn in the 2011 NFL season.
No. 75 New Mexico Stars
|Date of birth:October 2, 1986|
|Place of birth: Spokane, Washington|
|High school: Spokane (WA) John R. Rogers|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|Debuted in 2014 for the New Mexico Stars|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2010
|Stats at CFL.ca|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Levi C. Horn (born October 2, 1986) is an American football offensive tackle for the New Mexico Stars of the Lone Star Football League (LSFL). He is a member of the Cheyenne tribe. He began his college football career at Oregon before transferring to Montana, where he was a unanimous All-Big Sky Conference player and an FCS All-American.
He redshirted at University of Oregon while moving from tight end to offensive tackle. He left after the 2005 season along with three other players citing a desire for more playing time. He then transferred to the University of Montana. He was a first team All-Big Sky Conference selection while at Montana. He was a unanimous selection to the 2009 All-Big Sky Conference team. He was also an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision All-American selection: American Football Coaches Association (first team), Associated Press (third team), and The Sports Network (third team).
After going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, Horn signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent on April 25, 2010. He was waived on September 4, 2010 and signed to the Bears' practice squad the next day. On January 4, 2011 Horn signed a future contract with the Bears. Horn was released on September 3, 2011, but he was signed to the practice squad the next day. On November 18, he was activated from the practice squad when Gabe Carimi was placed on injured reserve. The Bears waived Horn on May 14, 2012.
In 2014 Horn played four games for the New Mexico Stars of the Lone Star Football League before signing with the expansion Los Angeles Kiss of the Arena League in late April. The Kiss placed him on recallable reassignment on May 5. Later that month, he returned to the New Mexico Stars.
- Grippi, Vince (2007-01-25). "Horn Headed for Oregon". Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Levi Horn, OT". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Citing lack of playing time, four players leave OU". ESPN. Associated Press. 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Biggs, Brad (2010-04-19). "Linemen Horn, Howell on Bears' draft radar". ChicagoBreakingSports.com. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Neighbor, Fritz (2006-09-26). "Horn of plenty: Levi Horn got past many stumbling blocks to attain success on and off field". Missoulian. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Kasper, John (2009-11-24). "League Announces 2009 All-Conference Football Team". Big Sky Conference. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Kasper, John (2009-12-16). "Five Named to AFCA Squad". Big Sky Conference. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Kasper, John (2009-12-16). "Six Earn First Team AP Honors". Big Sky Conference. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Kasper, John (2009-12-23). "Seventeen Named to Sports Network Team". Big Sky Conference. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Biggs, Brad (2010-09-06). "Rebuilding offensive line a long process: Bears bank on Tice to develop youngsters over the years, not months". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- McClure, Vaughn (2011-01-05). "Kreutz says Bears gained playoff experience against Packers: Though 7 offensive starters will be making playoff debuts, Packers showed them postseason intensity". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Biggs, Brad (2011-09-03). "Cutdown day: Bears release Clark, Taylor, Harrison". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- Biggs, Brad (2011-09-04). "Bears re-sign Adams, Horn: add Allen to practice squad". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "NFL transactions for November 18, 2011". Pro Football Weekly. 2011-11-20. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- Biggs, Brad (2012-05-14). "Bears waive three to clear roster space". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- Zulgad, Judd (2012-05-18). "Vikings sign former Bears offensive tackle Levi Horn". KSTP. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- Craig, Mark. "No surprises as Vikings cut 15 players". Star Tribune. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Shock Add OL Levi Horn". ArenaFootball.com. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Beamish, Mike (2013-03-26). "Lions release veteran DB Anthony Reddick". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Stars O-lineman Horn signs with Arena League’s LA Kiss". Albuquerque Journal. 2014-04-23. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Los Angeles Kiss Game Notes – Week 9". Los Angeles Kiss. 2014-05-10. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Christ, Bob (2014-05-17). "New Mexico Stars practice gets a little ‘salty’". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Chicago Bears Levi Horn Visits Spokane Tribe of Indians". Indian Country Today. July 16, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "BIE Director Keith Moore, Chicago Bears’ Levi Horn and Nike N7 to Announce President’s Active Lifestyle Award Challenge Winning School". United States Department of the Interior. 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2011-09-14.
- "Echo Hawk Announces the Bureau of Indian Education’s Participation with Levi Horn and Nike in the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA) Challenge". US Department of the Interior. February 9, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-15.