Levin & Perconti
|Levin & Perconti|
|No. of offices||1|
|No. of attorneys||22|
|Major practice areas||Personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, nursing home abuse and neglect|
Levin & Perconti is a Chicago, Illinois law firm founded in 1992. The firm concentrates in all areas of personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice law and has achieved record amounts in verdicts and settlements for its clients, totaling over $520 million. Levin & Perconti maintains seven legal blogs (blawgs).
Levin & Perconti was established in 1992 by original founding partners Steven M. Levin and John J. Perconti. Since then, Levin & Perconti has grown to fourteen attorneys. According to their website , Levin & Perconti has emerged as a pioneer in the litigation of nursing home abuse and neglect by achieving record verdicts and settlements for its clients, handling cases that have gained national attention, and by promoting better nursing home practices and stricter regulations for the care of the elderly and disabled. Since 2001, Levin & Perconti has offices in the historic Reid, Murdoch & Co. Building.
- Sued Woodstock Residence Nursing Home on behalf of one patient who died as the possible result of a morphine overdose. The Illinois Department of Public Health found six mysterious deaths at the home and two employees face criminal charges.
- $3 million awarded on behalf of woman who choked to death at a nursing home when her trachea tube got clogged.
- $7.62 million verdict against an HMO doctor who ignored a mother's complaints of postpartum bleeding, resulting in her bleeding to death.
- $10 million settlement on behalf of a 5-year-old boy who, while playing in an open fire hydrant, was struck by a City of Chicago Fire Department truck and ultimately lost his leg and half of his pelvis.
- $14 million verdict on behalf of a patient who's diagnosis of lung cancer was delayed after doctors ignored abnormal chest x-ray results.
- Donor to the National Citizen's Coalition for Nursing Home Reform (NCCNHR)
- Lobbied to support Illinois House Bill 5213 , a bill requiring all nursing homes and long-term care facilities to carry a minimum of $1 million liability insurance in order to be licensed
- Contributed $10,000 to the Society for the Preservation of Human Dignity's Marion Stocker Sponsorship on May 5, 2007 
- Supporter of the Alzheimer's Association's "A Toast to Remember" in Chicago on February 21, 2008 
- Sponsor of the 2008 American Constitution Society (ACS) Chicago Lawyer Chapter's "Safeguarding Seniors" event
- Corporate Partner of the Alzheimer's Association's upcoming "A Toast to Remember" in Chicago on March 19, 2009 
- Personal injury
- Nursing home abuse and neglect/elder abuse
- Bed sores, pressure sores, decubitus ulcers
- Wandering and elopement
- Physical abuse and assault or Sexual abuse and assault
- Physical restraints or Chemical restraints
- Verbal abuse
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Medication errors
- Clogged breathing tubes
- Elder financial exploitation
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Product liability
- Machinery and tools
- Medical devices
- Medicine and drugs
- Food and tobacco
- Toxic chemicals and substances such as pesticides, asbestos, and mold
- Motor vehicles and automobile accessories such as tires, seat belts, airbags, and child car seats
- Household products and appliances
- Toys and recreational equipment
- Clothing and apparel
- Automobile accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Birth injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Aviation accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers' compensation
- Jones Act and maritime law
- Asbestos Exposure / Pleural and Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- Federal Tort Claims Act
- Injuries to minors and children
- Professional malpractice
-  Levin & Perconti verdicts and settlements.
-  Levin & Perconti attorney profiles.
-  Jordan, Karen. ABC 7 News. "Nurse talked of overdosing patients". 9.25.08.
-  Coutre, Brandon. Northwest Herald. "Two charged in 'angel of death' case". 4.6.08.
-  Gutierrez, Theresa. ABC 7 News. "Family to sue in nursing home death". 4.7.08.
-  White, Natalie. Lawyers USA. "Jury awards $3 million for woman who suffocated in Illinois nursing home". 9.25.06.
-  Rooney, John Flynn. Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. "HMO, MD to pay $7 million over med-mal". 4.5.01.
-  Kapos, Shia. Chicago Tribune. "City set to settle $10 million suit; Boy, 8, lost a leg after being hit by a fire truck in '99". 4.6.03.
-  Neil, Martha. Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. "Suit over undiagnosed cancer yields $14 million jury verdict". 8.4.2000.
- "ACS Chicago Lawyer Chapter Hosts 'Safeguarding Seniors' Event" on June 19, 2008. acslaw.org.
- Levin & Perconti Website
- Illinois Medical Malpractice Blog
- Illinois Injury Lawyer Blog
- Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Blog
- Chicago Birth Injury Lawyer Blog
- Chicago Brain Injury Lawyer Blog
- Chicago Car Accident Lawyer Blog
- Car Accident Lawyers
- Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer Blog
- Justia.com Legal Services & Lawyers Firm Profile
- Martindale.com Firm Profile