Levy Restaurants is a restaurant company based in Chicago specializing in providing premium-quality vending and food services to major entertainment and sports venues. It is a unit of Compass Group, and was founded in 1978.
It operates over 100 foodservice locations in 41 markets throughout the US and Canada. In 2004, company revenue exceeded $470 million, and was projected to exceed $600 million in 2005. The company owns several restaurants and fine dining locations in addition to its entertainment venue holdings.
The company was founded in Chicago, IL in 1978 by Larry Levy of St. Louis, who still serves as the chairman of the board. The first property was D.B. Kaplan's Delicatessen in Chicago's Water Tower Place. In 1982, the company pioneered the concept of fine dining in stadiums and arenas with award-winning restaurants and foodservice locations at Chicago's Comiskey Park (home of the Chicago White Sox) and again in 1985 in Chicago's Wrigley Field (home of the Chicago Cubs.) In 1989, the company was selected by The Walt Disney Company to own and operate two locations inside their world famous Walt Disney World Resort, Portobello Yacht Club and Fulton's Crab House. Levy was also a partner in the former Wildhorse Saloon location at Walt Disney World. The Portobello Yacht Club's has consistently been voted best Italian restaurant in Orlando. Fulton's Crab House has achieved one of the top ten sales volumes of any restaurant in the United States. In 1994 they added their first location outside Chicago. The company also created and implemented the WOCAAT (Winning One Customer At A Time) training philosophy.
Their sports and entertainment division manages convention facilities, concert and performance venues and arenas for all major sports leagues. They currently manage food service operations inside the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO; Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN; Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA; STAPLES Center and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA; American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL; American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX; Wrigley Field, U.S. Cellular Field, and the United Center in Chicago, IL; The USTA National Tennis Center in Flushing, NY; Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ; and the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI; Moda Center in Portland, OR; among many others nationwide. They also manage all food service operations inside McCormick Place in Chicago, the nation's largest convention center, the Ravinia Festival in Highland Park, Il and multiple establishments inside Disney World in Orlando, FL. Levy manages all food service operations for Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY, the home of the Kentucky Derby.
- The O2, London
- Stamford Bridge, Chelsea Football Club, London, England
- Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, Madjeski Stadium, Reading, England
- Goodwood Racecourse, Chichester, West Sussex, England
- Hever Castle, Hever, Kent, England
- National Railway Museum, York, North Yorkshire, England
- Wembley Arena, London
- SECC and the Hydro Arena, Glasgow, Scotland
- Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
- Chicago Business: May 18, 2006 Levy Restaurants to operate food services at Sears Centre
- Hoover's - Levy Restaurants
- St. Louis Business Journal, June 30, 2006 - Koplar, Levy set new table - Destination restaurant to anchor $20 million project in Central West End, by Lisa R. Brown
- Pittsburgh Business Times. January 17, 2006, Levy Restaurants selling to British firm
- Levy Restaurants Official site
- Compass Group - Levy Restaurants
- Spiaggia, Cafe Spiaggia and Private Dining Rooms of Spiaggia Official site