|Full name||Lewis Johnston|
|Date of birth||3 March 1991|
|Original team||North Adelaide (SANFL)|
|Draft||12th overall, 2008
|Height/Weight||192 cm / 91 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2013 season.
From North Adelaide, Johnston is seen as a future key-position forward as he is tall, strong in the air and a clever ground player. He was named at Centre-half Forward in the All-Australian team following the 2008 AFL National Under 18 Championships and is an AIS/AFL Academy graduate. Originally from Port Pirie, South Australia, a foot injury during the 2009 season saw Johnston failing to make his debut.
In 2010, Johnston suffered from fewer injuries than in 2009 and showed some impressive form in the Swans' reserves side. This form saw him named as an emergency for the first time, for the Swans' match against North Melbourne at the SCG. He didn't manage to debut this year and again broke down with a hip injury towards the end of the year.
In round 10 of 2011 against North Melbourne, Johnston finally made his senior debut for the Swans playing in the forward line. While being out-bodied numerous times by bigger and more experienced defenders, he showed enough to suggest he has a bright future at AFL level. Nothing he did was more impressive than the goal he kicked from a 55 metre set shot wide on the right half forward flank.
In October 2011 Johnston was traded back to his home state to the Adelaide Crows in exchange for Tony Armstrong. He made his debut for Adelaide in round 20 of the 2012 AFL season against Fremantle.
- Barry Hall puts draft pick Lewis Johnston in his place
- Shifter's wrap: Under-18 All-Australian team
- Lewis hopes Bulldogs can take premiership
- Swan Lewis Johnston, Crow Tony Armstrong swap clubs (15 October 2011)
- Tippett 'still not ready' for return (11 August 2012)
- Capel, Andrew (4 August 2013). "Port Adelaide gun Chad Wingard kicks matchwinner with 30 seconds left in epic Showdown against Adelaide Crows". The Advertiser.
- Lewis Johnston's profile on the official website of the Adelaide Football Club
- Lewis Johnston's statistics from AFL Tables