|Designer||Yasuo Kajino (2012)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Entry-level luxury car
Compact executive car
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Related||Lexus IS (XE30)|
|Engine||3.5 L 2GR-FSE V6 (RC 350)
2.5 L 2AR-FSE I4 (RC 300h)
5.0 L 2UR-GSE V8 (RC F)
|Wheelbase||2,730 mm (107 in)|
|Length||4,693 mm (185 in)|
|Width||1,838 mm (72 in)|
|Height||1,394 mm (55 in)|
|Predecessor||Lexus IS C (XE20)|
The RC is based on the IS sedan, it has a shorter wheelbase though it is slightly longer overall. The RC has three LED lamps in the triangular headlights. The RC has 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels as standard or 19-inch ten-spoke rims as option. The platform shares the front end of the L10 series GS, mid-section from the XE20 series IS convertible, while the rear componentry is from the XE30 series IS sedan.
According to Lexus, the RC has three engines, the RC 350 with the 3.5 L 2GR-FSE V6 paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission, the RC 300h with the 2.5 L 2AR-FSE I4 mated to a continuously variable transmission with a hybrid powertrain and the RC F with the 5.0 L 2UR-GSE V8.
RC F (2014-)
The RC F is a high performance version of the RC with the 5.0 L 2UR-GSE V8 engine with Atkinson cycle at cruising speeds, 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission sending the power to the rear wheels, vertical G-sensor for VDIM, Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD) with three operating modes, Standard, Slalom, or Track, front and rear coil-spring independent suspension, monotube gas-filled shock absorbers and ball-jointed stabilizer bars, three new 19-inch diameter forged aluminum wheels, spindle grille with F-mesh pattern on the lower half, unique front hood which raises the peak of the vehicle, hood air vent from the LFA, front cooling ducts, front fender ducts in the L shape, exclusive combination meters from LFA (a large centrally mounted tachometer that alters according to drive mode, digital and analog speedometer, differential torque vectoring monitor, G-force meter, oil and water temperature gauges, mileage information and a stopwatch), elliptical cross-section thick grip steering wheel, all-new high back seats, ornamentation and pedals, Brembo four-wheel power assisted disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and brake assist (BA), 19x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear wheels, 255/35R19 front and 275/35R19 rear tires.
The aerodynamic package includes an active rear spoiler, tuning of the underbody, the intakes in the grille and the front fender vents and aero stabilizing fins.
The carbon fiber package includes a clear coated carbon fiber roof and active rear spoiler from the LFA and the carbon fiber engine hood. The vehicle was unveiled in the 2014 North America International Auto Show.
Japan model was set to go on sale in the second half of 2014.
The carbon fiber package parts for the RC F were made at the Aichi plant after the end of the LFA production.
- Marcus, Frank (2014-01-08). "First Look: 2015 Lexus RC F". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Watts, Kevin (2014-06-19). "Video: Interview with Lexus RC Designers". Lexus Enthusiast. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Ramsey, Jonathon (2013-11-20). "2015 Lexus RC 300h is a hardcore hybrid cherry coupe". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Gnaticov, Cristian (2013-11-04). "2014 Lexus RC officially unveiled, going to Tokyo Motor Show". Inautonews.com. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- Fallah, Alborz (2014-09-07). "Lexus RC350 Review". CarAdvice. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
- "LEXUS、スポーツクーペ RCをワールドプレミア" [Lexus, the world premiere sports coupe RC] (Press release) (in Japanese). Japan: Lexus. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Lexus Unveils 'RC' Sports Coupe" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "New Lexus RC F Combines Aggressive Styling with High Performance" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Korzeniewski, Jeremy (2014-01-14). "Lexus RC F is a predatory sport coupe with a 450-horsepower beating heart". Auto Blog. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Faster, Sharper, Lower, Wider – All-New Lexus RC F Performance Coupe Elevates the Driving Experience" (Press release). US: Lexus. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "LEXUS、高性能クーペRC Fをワールドプレミア" [Lexus, The world premiere high-performance coupe RC F] (Press release) (in Japanese). Japan: Lexus. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "一周谍报汇总 哈弗H9/雷克萨斯RC-F等" [One week intelligence summary Hafer H9 / Lexus RC-F, etc]. Xin Hua (in Chinese). 2014-01-11. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
|Lexus, a division of Toyota Motor Corporation, vehicle production timeline|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|