From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Leyden may refer to:
- Leiden, a city and municipality in South Holland, the Netherlands
- United States
- Leyden, Colorado
- Leyden, Massachusetts
- Leyden, New York
- Leyden, Wisconsin
- Port Leyden, New York, a village partly within the Town of Leyden, New York
- Leyden Township, Cook County, Illinois
- Lucas van Leyden (1494–1533), a Dutch engraver and painter
- Ernst Viktor von Leyden (1832–1910), a German physician
- Bill Leyden (1917–1970), an American television personality
- John Leyden (1775–1811), a British orientalist
- Norman Leyden (1917–2014), an American conductor, composer and musician
- Leyden cheese, a spiced cheese made in the Netherlands
- Factor V Leiden, a variant of human factor V that causes a hypercoagulability disorder
Science and technology
- Leyden jar, a device for storing electric charge invented in 1745.
- Leiden scale, a scale of temperature.
Epigraphy and papyrology
- Leiden Conventions, an established set of rules, symbols, and brackets used to indicate the condition of an epigraphic or papyrological text in a modern edition
- USS Leyden, the name of more than one United States Navy ship
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Leyden.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.