Lguest is a Linux kernel x86 virtualization hypervisor, introduced in kernel version 2.6.23 (released 9 October 2007). It is not a full virtualization solution; instead it operates the Linux kernel with lguest support. Installation is as easy as running modprobe lg and then run tools/lguest/lguest to create a new guest. Lguest is a developing kernel module that in about 5000 lines offers a virtual Linux machine.
Lguest is maintained by Rusty Russell.
 See also
- "/usr/src/linux/Documentation/lguest/lguest.txt". git.kernel.org. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- "/usr/src/linux/drivers/lguest/README". git.kernel.org. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- Lguest Home Page
- Lguest Mailing List
- Linux.com Article on Lguest
- LWN.Net Article "An introduction to lguest"
- Lguest in Debian, for fun and learning
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|