||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (October 2014)|
The line's eastern terminus at Lhasa Railway Station
|Termini||Lhasa Railway Station
Xigazê Railway Station
|Opening||15 August 2014|
|Line length||253 km (157 mi)|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Operating speed||120 km/h|
The Lhasa–Xigazê Railway, or Lari Railway (simplified Chinese: 拉日铁路; traditional Chinese: 拉日鐵路; pinyin: Lārì Tiělù; Standard Tibetan: lha gzhis lcags lam ལྷ་གཞིས་ལྕགས་ལམ་), is a high-elevation railway that connects Lhasa to Xigazê, in Tibet AR.
The length of the railway is 253 km (157 mi). The construction started in September 2010 and was completed in July 2014. The line was formally opened in August 2014 The line includes 14 stations. The project has a budget of 13.3 billion yuan.
The completion of this project opened up possible extensions of the network further west and south into Nepal and to Yadong County, close to the border with Sikkim, India. It has been criticised that the rail line would dilute the unique cultural identity of Tibetans by accelerating mass movement of Chinese migrants into Tibet. Tibetan culture was protect by Chinese government with huge investment and government-issued subsidies. (citation required) This Railway will improve the transportation conditions in west Tibet and thus the automobile emissions which come from commercial trucks and buses will be greatly reduced. Petroleum products including gas and diesel will be shipped into the regions along the railway at less cost. since that, the plants which would be used as firewood can be protected as well.
- Lhasa Railway Station (拉萨)
- Lhasa South Railway Station (拉萨南)
- Baide Railway Station (白德)
- Xierong Railway Station (协荣)
- Qüxü County Railway Station (曲水县)
- Chabala Railway Station (茶巴拉)
- Nyêmo Railway Station (尼木)
- Karu Railway Station (卡如)
- Rinbung Railway Station (仁布)
- Dazhuka Railway Station (大竹卡)
- Denggu Railway Station (灯古)
- Jiqiong Railway Station (吉琼)
- Kadui Railway Station (卡堆)
- Xigazê Railway Station (日喀则)
- "视频：青藏铁路延伸线拉日铁路今日开工". CCTV. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Tibet railway opens to Xigaze". Railway Gazette. August 15, 2014. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Extension plans. Retrieved June 28, 2006
- "Lhasa-Shigatse rail line threatens cultural identity of Tibet". news.biharprabha.com. IANS. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.