|Airport type||Public & Military|
|Operator||Liege Airport s.a.|
|Elevation AMSL||659 ft / 201 m|
Liège Airport (IATA: LGG, ICAO: EBLG), also called Liège-Bierset, is an important cargo airport in Belgium. At the end of 2011, it was the 7th biggest cargo airport in Europe. Liège airport is the biggest cargo airport in Belgium and the third biggest for passengers after Brussels Airport and Brussels South Charleroi Airport.
The airport is located in Grâce-Hollogne, Liège Province, north-west of the city of Liège, in the east of Belgium. It is mainly used for freight operation but also serves more than 23 destinations for passengers (mainly charters). Liège is located in the centre of the golden triangle Paris - Amsterdam - Frankfurt that handles 66% of European freight and 75% when taken together with London.
The first terminal on the site opened in 1930.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Corsica||Seasonal: Ajaccio, Bastia|
|Jetairfly||Alicante, Djerba, Enfidha, Gran Canaria, Málaga, Tenerife–South
Seasonal: Antalya, Bodrum, Casablanca, Heraklion, Ibiza, İzmir, Kos, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Tétouan
|Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium||Agadir, Alicante, Antalya, Bodrum, Burgas, Corfu, Dalaman, Djerba, Enfidha, Gran Canaria, Heraklion, Hurghada, Ibiza, İzmir, Kos, Málaga, Marrakech, Monastir, Nice, Palermo, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Tenerife–South|
|Tunisair||Charter: Djerba, Enfidha|
operated by I-Fly
|Charter: Shenyang, Tianjin, Xi'an|
|VLM Airlines||Avignon, Bologna, Nice, Venice-Marco Polo|
Liège Airport is the world hub of TNT Airways, and the European hub of CAL Cargo Air Lines, El Al Cargo, Ethiopian Cargo and Avient Aviation. The airport is also used as a regular refuelling stop on New York City – Middle East routes by Kalitta Air (including the Newark – Baghdad route for US mail).
As of 2011 : 309,206 passengers
The airport is located next to the E42 (exit 3), close to an important highway junction.
- A special bus (number 57) links the airport to Liège main train station (Liège-Guillemins) where connections can be made with local, national and high speed international trains (Thalys, ICE). This bus operates every 2 hours from 7 AM to 5 PM, on working days only.
- Bus number 53 goes to Liège city centre (Place Saint-Lambert) where connections are available with Liège public transport system.
- 2009 report
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.
- Africa West Cargo Schedule
- Ethiopian Airlines Cargo Schedule
- "Welcome." Avient Aviation. Retrieved on 8 August 2011. "With head office in Harare, Zimbabwe, Avient has two further offices; one in continental Europe and the other in the United Kingdom."
- "Contact Us." (Direct link to frame) Avient Aviation. Retrieved on 8 August 2011. "BELGIUM Liege Airport, Cargo Nord, Rue Saint Exupery 22, B-4460, Grace Hollogne, Belgium"
- (French) (English) (Dutch) (German) Liège Airport (official site)
- (Chinese) (English) Liège Airport (official site)
- (English) Up-to-date map and information on scramble.nl
- Airport information for EBLG at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.