Li Chao (chess player)
|Full name||Li Chao|
21 April 1989 |
|Title||Grandmaster (GM) (2007)|
|FIDE rating||2711 (July 2014)
(No. 41 in the January 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2711 (April 2014)|
|Competitor for China|
|Gold||2011 Shenzhen||Mixed team|
|Gold||2013 Kazan||Mixed team|
Li Chao (Chinese: 李超; pinyin: Lǐ Chāo; born April 21, 1989 in Taiyuan, Shanxi) is a Chinese chess Grandmaster. In 2007, he became China's 23rd Grandmaster at the age of 18. As of April 2009, he is the sixth highest rated junior player and is China's fifth highest rated player. He has been a second/assistant for Wang Yue on several occasions, and both are good friends having known each other since they were kids.
Li Chao started to play chess at the young age of 6, and plays for Beijing Chess Club.
The following year at the same championship held in Yerevan, Chao finished in the top 20.
In the third Singapore Master International Open Tournament he shared fourth-ninth place in 2006.
- 2005 World Junior Chess Championship in Istanbul, Turkey (November 9–22, 2005); score 8.5/13
- Aeroflot Open 2007 Tournament A1 Group in Moscow, Russia (February 13–22, 2007); score 4.5/9
- Lake Sevan Tournament in Yerevan, Armenia (July 5–14, 2007); score 5.5/9
In May 2008, he came joint first on points (8.0/11) and first on tie-break at the second Philippine International Open in Subic Bay Freeport Zone.
In 2010, Li Chao finished first place in Group C at the 72nd Corus Wijk aan Zee 2010 (15 January - 31 January), his final score was 10/13. The victory will qualify him for the 2011 Corus Group B. A few months later, in April 2010, he convincingly won the 48th Doeberl Cup held in Canberra, Australia.
China Chess League
- Li Chao vs Wang Hao, World Junior Championship 2006, Scandinavian Defense: Panov Transfer (B01), 1-0
- Li Chao vs Evgeny Alekseev, Russia vs China Match 2008, Spanish Game: Berlin Defense, l'Hermet Variation Berlin Wall Defense (C67), 1-0
- Tu Hoang Thong vs Li Chao, 2008 Olympiad 2008, Queen's Pawn Game (A45), 0-1
- Li, Chao b CHN FIDE World Top Chess Player
- SCT 2007
- THE WEEK IN CHESS 666 13 August 2007 by Mark Crowther
- 4th Dato' Arthur Tan Open: the "Empire" Strikes Back! ChessBase.com, Sept 1 2007
- Li Chao Wins President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo Cup in Manila 29 November 2007
- DATMO 2008
- Fifth China vs Russia Match in Ningpo
- Crowther, Mark (2011-09-21). "The Week in Chess: FIDE World Cup Khanty-Mansiysk 2011". London Chess Center. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Li Chao (chess player).|