|The Peter J. Liacouras Center|
|Former names||The Apollo of Temple (1997–2000)|
|Location||1776 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19121
|Broke ground||January 25, 1996|
|Opened||November 11, 1997|
|Construction cost||$73 million
($107 million in 2014 dollars)
Thompson, Ventulett, Stainback & Associates
|General contractor||LF Driscoll|
|Temple Owls Basketball (1997–present)
Temple Owls Volleyball (1997–present)
Philadelphia KiXX (MISL) (2009–2010)
The Liacouras Center, a 10,200-seat multi-purpose venue, is located on the Temple University campus along North Broad Street in North Philadelphia. The venue is a full entertainment arena featuring concerts, family shows, Temple Men’s and Women’s Basketball games, Philadelphia KiXX games, Philly Roller Girls bouts, and other events. Global Spectrum manages the Liacouras Center. Formerly known as the Apollo of Temple, the venue was renamed and dedicated to Temple University President Peter J. Liacouras on February 13, 2000. The Liacouras Center is located less than two miles (3 km) north of Philadelphia's City Hall, and is part a four-building, $107 million complex.
Two nationally recognized architectural firms designed the Liacouras Center: Vitetta Group, of Philadelphia, and Thompson Ventulett Stainback & Associates, of Atlanta. The 340,000 sq ft (32,000 m2). building is the home of Temple Men and Women's Basketball teams, a full range of concerts, dramatic presentations, University athletic and convocation events, family shows, sports exhibitions and more. In addition to the large arena configuration, The Esther Boyer Theater at the Liacouras Center is a small theater setup of 1,000 to 5,000 seats for more intimate presentations.
- 50 Cent
- Bassnectar (April 20, 2012)
- Clay Aiken/Kelly Clarkson
- Bernard Hopkins vs. Enrique Ornelas (December 2009)
- Bob Dylan, with Phil Lesh and Friends
- Bow Wow and Omarion
- Counting Crows
- Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church Resurrection Sunday (continues at venue)
- Fat Albert (film; world premiere)
- Fat Joe
- Jamie Foxx
- Goo Goo Dolls
- Green Day
- The Harlem Globetrotters
- Steve Harvey
- Alicia Keys
- Patti LaBelle
- Maroon 5
- John Mayer
- Kid Cudi
- Kirk Franklin - when it was Apollo of Temple
- Method Man & Redman
- Natalie Merchant
- My Chemical Romance
- NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament (2004; Opening Round)
- Tyler Perry's 'Madea's Big Happy Family' and 'Laugh to Keep from Crying'
- Philadelphia 76ers Exhibition Game
- Sugar Ray Leonard Boxing
- David Reid Boxing
- LeAnn Rimes
- Super Jam 2010, featuring Trey Songz and Ludacris
- TNA Wrestling: Lockdown (2009)
- TNA Wrestling: Bound for Glory (2011)
- Carrie Underwood with Little Big Town
- U.S. Gymnastics Championships (2001)
- Luther Vandross
- Kanye West
- Katt Williams
- Wheel of Fortune
- Wiz Khalifa
- Big Sean
- USA Gymnastics American Cup
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Northstar Fire Protection - Stadiums and Arenas". Nsfire.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Sports and Cultural Events in Downtown Philadelphia". The Liacouras Center. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Architecture Engineering Planning Interior Design". Vitetta. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Welcome to tysonamericancup.com!". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
|Events and tenants|
|Host of Bound for Glory
Grand Canyon University Arena
|Host of Lockdown