Liam Fontaine playing for Bristol City.
|Full name||Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine|
|Date of birth||7 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Beckenham, London, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2004||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||15||(0)|
|2005||→ Kilmarnock (loan)||3||(0)|
|2005||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||10||(0)|
|2006||→ Bristol City (loan)||15||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:52, 14 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine (born 7 January 1986) is an English footballer who plays for Hibernian as a defender. He previously played in the Premier League for Fulham, in the Football League for Yeovil Town and Bristol City and in the Scottish Premier League for Kilmarnock.
Fontaine was born in Beckenham, Greater London. He represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 level, played for Fulham, mainly playing when injuries prevent more experienced players from playing. However, he made a couple of appearances during his breakthrough season, 2004–05, his debut coming against Southampton at St. Mary's on 5 January, albeit with Fontaine on the pitch for only a few minutes. The game was drawn 3–3.
Fontaine also spent some time at Yeovil Town earlier in that season. His loan move was initially for a single month, but later was extended by a further two months. He enjoyed a further loan spell in the latter part of the 2004–05 season with Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League.
After being brought to Yeovil by then manager Gary Johnson, Fontaine then went back to Fulham until he was brought to Bristol City on loan by his former Yeovil manager Johnson. The loan spell was made permanent at the end of that season with Fontaine signing a two-year contract, with City having to pay Fulham an undisclosed fee through tribunal. A key member of the 2006/07 promotion team and flourished once more at Championship level, he became centre stage when his goal against Wolves in November left his manager Gary Johnson red-faced – having previously told his defender he would "bare my backside in Burton's window" if he found the net. Fontaine signed a new deal with Bristol City on 12 January 2012 to keep him at the club until the end of 2014 season, stating his ambition is to be the clubs captain on a permanent basis.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2007). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2007–08. Edinburgh: Mainstream. p. 145. ISBN 978-1-84596-246-3.
- "Fontaine goes to Killie on loan". BBC Sport. 28 January 2005. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Bristol City seal Fontaine deal". BBC Sport. 16 January 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Pair seal moves to Bristol City". BBC Sport. 12 June 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Liam Fontaine: Yeovil Town sign Bristol City defender on loan". BBC Sport. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "DEFENDER FONTAINE JOINS". Hibernian F.C. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "HIBERNIAN 3 DUMBARTON 2". Hibernian F.C. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Liam Fontaine profile at bcfc.co.uk
- Liam Fontaine career stats at Soccerbase
- International profile at theFA