Liam Kyle Sullivan
|Liam Kyle Sullivan|
Sullivan in June 2012 as his character Kelly.
July 17, 1973 |
|Web hosting service(s)||YouTube, MySpace|
Liam Kyle Sullivan (born July 17, 1973 in Norfolk, Massachusetts) is an American comedian, actor, and director. Sullivan has made several guest appearances on television programs—including Gilmore Girls, 8 Simple Rules, and Alias—but is best known for his internet videos. He won a 2008 People's Choice Award in the user generated video category for "Shoes".
More recently, Sullivan appeared as Kelly in the FCKH8, anti-gay bullying campaign videos.
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Characters portrayed by Sullivan
- Kelly is a stereotypical teenage American girl. She doesn't care about much besides her mundane desires and has intense mood swings. She is also a musician, and it is implied that the family is aware of the music videos.
- Chris is Kelly's twin brother. He is an athlete who has joined the abstinence program, and has a well known sibling rivalry with Kelly. Their parents prefer him to Kelly.
- Mother Grandma is an affectionate, anxious old lady who is fond of whiskey and tries to share it with everyone because she believes it "makes you feel better". She appears to be tipsy most of the time and is known to make non sequitur comments. There is a bit of tension between her and the parents, and the two utter negative remarks about each other under their breaths. She has her own set of spin-off videos.
- Bill is Kelly's father. Strict and often stern-faced, he doesn't say much, but likes to stay in charge of the family and set the rules, and is a strong believer in "fiscal responsibility".
- Aunt Susan Walker is a lesbian musician. She likes to stay positive and is involved with a woman named María. She is involved with an organic vegan girl-on-girl sandwich tour. She also has her own set of spin-off videos.
- Bob Tulap is a foul-mouthed radio announcer with a strong liking for whiskey but a hatred for his producer, Doug. "Bob Tulap hates everyone and everything, including his sponsors."
Characters not portrayed by Sullivan
- Kathy (played by Pam Cook), Kelly's mother, is usually tense and critical. Like Kelly, she also has sharp mood swings, although not as violent. She is not fond of Mother Grandma and is apparently fond of Tom Skerritt. Heather referred to her as "Ms. B" in "Txt Msg Brkup". She is also portrayed by Rachel West "Txt Msg Brkup" and "Let Me Borrow That Top".
- Purple Man (played by Scott Pitts) is a reoccurring "Superman" character in each of the videos. He also has his own separate spin-off videos.
- Heather Campbell (played by Megahn Perry) is Kelly's best friend. She and her father claim to be vampires. She has her own vlog which she makes in the room where her father is constantly watching television. She is eternally sixteen years old, has a brother, and is embarrassed by her father's inappropriate comments about sex.
- Neal (played by Will Matthews) is Kelly's ex-boyfriend. He is unemployed, unintelligent, and is an alcoholic. He is portrayed to be egotistical, manipulative, and absolutely sex-driven. In "Txt Msg Brkup", Mother Grandma mentions that he "comes around looking for sex". He returns in "No Booty Calls" where he calls Kelly and attempts (unsuccessfully) to have sex with her. He tries to persuade her by pointing out that their crazy sexual practices in the past were "so hot," and by reminding Kelly of his penis size. Kelly is not impressed with him and seems to view Neal as beneath her notice.
- María is Aunt Susan's lesbian partner who stays with Kelly's family in "Let Me Borrow That Top". She understands very little English, very much preferring to speak Spanish instead, much to the dislike of Kelly's mother. Despite not speaking English, she clearly understands it given that she was not only able to understand Chris's confusion regarding her and Susan's sexual realities, but was also able to insist in English that it is "no big deal,".
- Caitlin (played by Jill Ritchie) is Kelly's old friend and neighbor in "Let Me Borrow That Top". She is a cheerleader and was Homecoming Queen. She bought a top with a picture of Kelly's mother on it wearing a birthday hat saying "Whore." It is implied that she and Kelly have broken up their friendship in the past, but the reason for this is undisclosed. Kelly's parents tend to use Caitlin as a model of what Kelly "should" be.
- Dave Navarro, mall tattooer ("Let Me Borrow That Top")
- Margaret Cho, friend of Kelly's ("Shoes", "Txt Msg Brkup", "Let Me Borrow That Top")
- Amanda Palmer ("Let Me Borrow That Top")
- Parvesh Cheena ("Txt Msg Brkup", "Let Me Borrow That Top", "No Booty Calls")
- Rocket, band featured in "Let Me Borrow That Top"
- LisaNova, friend of Kelly's ("Let Me Borrow That Top")
- Ilana Cohn ("Let Me Borrow That Top")
- Jennifer Dohn ("I Like to Tinker")
- Kandis Erickson ("I Like to Tinker")
- Kristin Erickson ("I Like to Tinker")
- Jo-Anne Krupa ("I Like to Tinker")
- Alyshia Ochse ("I Like to Tinker")
- Emily Peck ("I Like to Tinker")
- Ilana Sullivan ("I Like to Tinker")
- Emma Stone, photographer ("Where Do You Think You're Going in That?")
- Lindsay Lohan ("Txt Msg Brkup")
Kelly, Susan Walker and other characters
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Electroclash, electronic rock, hardcore rap, dirty comedy, rap punk|
|Members||Liam Kyle Sullivan|
Kelly, a cross-dressed Liam, has released an album entitled Shoes digitally through TuneCore and on rare CDs by Susan Walker's label Galleria Records, which consists of tracks recorded by herself, her ex-boyfriend, and her mom. "Shoes" is also the name of Kelly's biggest hit, which won a People's Choice Award for best user generated video. Her music videos have featured guest stars such as Margaret Cho, Amanda Palmer, Dave Navarro, Lisa Nova, and the Ask a Ninja.
Another of Liam's characters, Susan Walker, who is Kelly's aunt, has also released an album of music, Susan Walker's Greatest Tits. The album largely consists of country music songs with explicit sexual themes, such as "Two Way Dildo" and "Shut Up and Fuck Me". The songs, however, are sung in a light-hearted, almost loving manner. Two videos have been made of songs from the album; these are "I Like to Tinker" and "Shut Up and Fuck Me". However, these songs and videos have not received the acclaim nor the large amount of views that Kelly's videos have.
The other videos listed below, "Dr. Ulee Sex Therapist", "Muffins", and "Love Letters", are all separate individual skits by Sullivan.
- Shoes (2006)
- Susan Walker's Greatest Tits (2009)
Liam Kyle has uploaded and deleted the music videos several times, so it is somewhat unclear what year and further, (although not shown here) what month they were released in, which also confuses the order and the amount of views they have received. Other YouTube users have also uploaded the videos and received, in some cases, millions of views on the videos as well.
|2006||"Shoes"||Has received over 53 million views on YouTube to date.|
|"Txt Msg Brkup"||First appearance of Kelly's boyfriend.|
|2007||"Let Me Borrow That Top"||First appearance of Aunt Susan.|
|2008||"No Booty Calls"||'Sequel' to "Txt Msg Brkup".|
|"Where Do You Think You're Going in That?"||Skit by Kelly's Mom.|
|2009||"What R U Guys Talking About?"||Also released under the title "Kelly: The Prequel".|
|"I Like to Tinker"||First Aunt Susan video released.|
|"Shut Up and F*ck Me"||Second Aunt Susan video released.|
|This section is incomplete. (July 2011)|
- "Love Letters" (2006)
- "Muffins" (2006)
- "Dr. Ulee Sex Therapist" (2009; Counterpart to the single "Dr. Ulee's Erotic Stories" read by Shang Tze Tung, released earlier in 2008.)
- In 1997, Sullivan briefly appeared in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode entitled "Reptile Boy" as a cross-dressing fraternity pledge.
- In 2004, he appeared in the 8 Simple Rules episode "Mall in the Family" as Zack.
- In 2005, he appeared in the 8 Simple Rules episode "Freaky Friday" as Dorkie Dwaine McDoogle.
- In 2007, Sullivan appeared as Kelly in The Dresden Dolls' music video for "Shores of California".
- He also appeared as Kelly in the VH1 series I Hate My 30's, performing "Forget It, Just Get It!"
- In 2008, Sullivan appeared as Kelly in the Weezer music video for "Pork and Beans", which also featured many other internet stars.
- He appeared at the LOGO Network's NewNowNext Awards in 2008 portraying Kelly.
- He opened for Margaret Cho's "Beautiful" Tour throughout 2008, playing Kelly and several of his other characters.
- In 2010, his song, "My Romantic Pattern" was featured in the season 1 episode "One Cold Swim Away" of the comedy drama Gravity.
- User generated video winner, 'Shoes' Updated May 21, 2010
- This is revealed in "Let Me Borrow That Top" when Aunt Susan compliments her on being a musician and Chris subsequently mocks Kelly's music.
- This is revealed in "Let Me Borrow That Top".
- This is what Kelly's dad is called in "My Family is Screwed Up: Bearly Legal".
- Shoes [Explicit], Amazon MP3
- Susan Walker's Greatest Tits [Explicit], Amazon MP3
- "Dr. Ulee's Erotic Stories - Single by Dr. Ulee - Download Dr. Ulee's Erotic Stories - Single on iTunes". Apple Inc. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- Beautiful tour dates www.liamshow.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Liam Kyle Sullivan.|