Liang Wengen (Chinese: 梁稳根; pinyin: Liáng Wěngēn) is a Chinese entrepreneur in the fields of heavy manufacturing, currently the founder and chairman of the Sany Heavy Industry.In 2011 he became the richest man of mainland China, and was tipped to become member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, with a net worth of about USD $8 billion. However he lost that position, and as of February 2014 he was the fifteenth richest person in China, with a net worth of about USD $5.9 billion.
He was born to a poor peasant family in the Hunan province in 1956. Liang used to work as a top manager at a state arms plant, before getting involved in the construction-equipment industry. 
"My property, even my life, belongs to the (Chinese Communist) Party", he answered journalists' question about the conflict between the interests of the Party and himself as a businessman.
- "China's richest man Liang Wengen may join ruling elite". BBC News. 26 September 2011.
- "China Rich List 2013". Hurun Report. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- , China Daily, "Entrepreneurs' presence grows at CPC congress", updated 2012.
- , profile of Liang Wengen on Baike, accessed on 2013.
- , The profile of Liang Genwen on Forbes, March 2013.
- "Global Rich List 2014". Hurun Report. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Entrepreneurs' presence grows at CPC congress |Latest News |chinadaily.com.cn, China Daily
- "Wengen Liang". forbes.com. March 2011.
|This Chinese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|