|Libby Swanson Jacobs|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 60th district
|Preceded by||Lance Horbach|
|Succeeded by||Peter Cownie|
October 1, 1956 |
|Residence||West Des Moines, Iowa|
Libby Swanson Jacobs (born October 1, 1956) is a former Iowa State Representative from the 60th District. She served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 1995 to 2009. She received her BA in political science from the University of Nebraska and her MPA from Drake University.
Jacobs served[when?] on several committees in the Iowa House - the Commerce committee; the Judiciary committee; the State Government committee; and the Ways and Means committee. Her political experience includes serving as majority whip in the Iowa House.
Jacobs was re-elected in 2006 with 7,849 votes, running unopposed. 
Prior to her career in politics, Jacobs was president of a consulting firm called The Jacobs Group, LLC. She also spent some time in the telecommunications, non-profit, and financial services industries.
Awards and honors
Jacobs has won a number of awards which include:
- West Des Moines Citizen of the Year (2008)
- Drake University Outstanding Master of Public Administration Alumnus Award (2008)
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Business Leadership Award (2008),
- Iowa Grocers Association Legislative Leadership Award (2005)
- Des Moines Business Record Woman of Influence (2001)
Jacobs is married to her husband Steve and together they have two daughters. They reside in West Des Moines.
- "Elizabeth (Libby) S. Jacobs, Chair". Iowa Utilities Board. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
|Iowa House of Representatives|
Dorothy F. Carpenter
1995 – 2003
2003 – 2009
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|