Munro at the premiere for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in Sydney, Australia, in December 2012
11 November 1981 |
Libby Munro (born 11 November 1981) is an Australian actress.
Munro was born in Charleville, Queensland, before she moved with her family to Millmerran. She attended Fairholme College in Toowoomba where she became the school's drama captain. She appeared in many college productions, particularly of Shakespeare plays. In 2005, she graduated from the Queensland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Business in Communications. In 2008, she graduated from NIDA. In 2011, she attended The Groundlings school of improvisational comedy, the Ivana Chubbuck studios, and Film Fighting LA, all in Los Angeles.
Munro worked at the Sydney Theatre Company and other companies and appeared in numerous short films and commercials. On television, she appeared in the series All Saints, Review with Myles Barlow, and Slide. Her breakthrough performance was her role of Vanda/Wanda in David Ives' play Venus in Fur for the Queensland Theatre Company in 2013. Later that year, she appeared as Philippa Haymes in a theatrical adaptation of Agatha Christie's A Murder Is Announced for Mousetrap Production's Australian tour.
Film and television
|2009||All Saints||Senior Constable Rose Drago||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2011||Slide||Shazza||TV series (1 episode)|
|2000||Picasso at the Lapin Agile||Freddy||College Players UQ|
|2001||Absurd Person Singular||Producer and director|
|2002||Bedroom Farce||Susannah||College Players UQ|
|2004||Ring Round the Moon||Diana Messerschmann||Centenary Theatre Group|
|2004||Cloud Nine||Victoria||The Actors Conservatory|
|2004||The Comedy of Errors||Adriana||The Actors Conservatory|
|2005||Closer to Heaven||Billie Trix||Brisbane Powerhouse|
|2005||Romeo and Juliet||Prince||Qld Shakespeare Festival|
|2005||Twelfth Night||Olivia||Qld Shakespeare Festival|
|2007||Macbeth||Witch 1, Seyton and The Porter|
|2007||The Wood Demon||Yelena Andreyevna|
|2007||Private Life of the Master Race||Lawyer, Lesbian Cabaret Singer|
|2008||Servant of Two Masters||Carney|
|2008||Gallipoli||Soldier / Prostitute||Sydney Theatre Company|
|2008||Days of Significance||Trish|
|2009||24 Hour Play Generator||Roxanne||Griffin Stablemates Theatre|
|2013||Venus in Fur||Vanda||Queensland Theatre Company|
|2013||A Murder Is Announced||Phillipa||Moustrap Productions|
- "Libby Munro Warehouse 16 Profile". Warehouse 16. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Libby's kinky, dark role all the talk in theatre circles" by Tara Miko, The Toowoomba Chronicle, 3 July 2013
- List of performances
- "QLD Best and Brightest: Libby Munro" by Susan Johnson, The Courier-Mail, 30 November 2103
- "Libby Munro's debut performance in Queensland Theatre Company's Venus in Fur receives rare standing ovation" by Nathanael Cooper, The Courier-Mail, 2 July 2013
- "Venus in Fur a dominant piece of theatre" by Natalie Bochenski, Brisbane Times, 28 June 2013
- "Masochism was never this much fun as inspired actors make magic" by Martin Buzacott, The Australian, 1 July 2013
- "Agatha Christie's A Murder is Announced", thatsmelbourne.com.au
- "Libby Munro Resume". LibbyMunro.com. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Libby Munro.|