Libertad, Misamis Oriental
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||June 21, 1963|
|• Mayor||Mario M. Jagus|
|• Total||22.47 km2 (8.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Libertad, Misamis Oriental|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
It became well known due to the untiring effort of its Mayor Dr. Joecel Q. Tiu. What was once an unknown municipality, Libertad became famous after the administration of Mayor Tiu came up with the Barungoy Festival.
The Barungoy Festival was featured on national tv which programs can be aired from abroad. Libertad is now a town geared towards progress and fast.
Businesses are slowly cropping up around town while its people enjoy newly built roads and water system. Since 2010 it has garnered National and International Awards. Libertad is also a champion for the environment after having successfully helped the National Government with its National Greening Program.
Libertad is politically subdivided into 9 barangays.
- Sto. Niño
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System