Libertarian Party of the District of Columbia
|Libertarian Party of the District of Columbia|
|Headquarters||4410 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20016
|National affiliation||Libertarian Party (United States)|
|Politics of the United States
The Libertarian Party of the District of Columbia is dedicated to the same ideas represented by the national Libertarian Party but also focuses on issues specific to DC such as "taxation without representation", home rule, and DC statehood.
2014 Election cycle
Seven Libertarians will appear on the April 2014 primary ballot in Washington, DC in 7 different races. Three Libertarian candidates are immigrants or have immigrant parents. The 2014 candidates are:
- Pranav Badhwar, Ward 6 City Council seat. Ron Paul delegate in 2012
- John Daniel, Shadow Senator. Start up entrepreneur, Israeli immigrant
- Bruce Majors, Mayor. Realtor, 2012 nominee for Congress
- Martin Moulton, Shadow Representative to Congress. Ron Paul alternate in 2012
- Sara Jane Panfil, Delegate to Congress. Paralegal
- Ryan Sabot, Ward 3 City Council seat. Student at American University, chair of the DC Libertarian Party
- Frederick Steiner, City Council At Large.
In addition, Kyle Walker is running as a write-in candidate for Council Chair. William Hanff, Assistant Professor of Mass Media and Television Production at the University of the District of Columbia, is running as a write-in candidate in the general election for the Ward 5 City Council seat.
- Sommer, Will (26 November 2013). "Atlas Runs". Washington City Paper as CL Washington, Inc. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Gary Johnson D.C. Presidential Vote: Libertarian Candidate Seeks To Upset Mitt Romney". The Huffinton Post. 11/05/2012 T Updated: 11/06/2012. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "POLITICAL PARTIES IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (D.C.), UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (U.S.A.)". Mondo Politico. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Candidates: April 1, 2014 Primary Election". District of Columbia Board of Elections. January 2, 2014. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- DeBonis, Mike (January 2, 2014). "Race for D.C. mayor now a little less crowded". The Washington Post.
- DeBonis, Mike (November 10, 2012). "Libertarians’ vote total wins party access to D.C. ballot". The Washington Post.
- Chibbaro Jr., Lou (January 15, 2014). "D.C. Council candidates court LGBT voters". Washington Blade.
- "Kyle Walker". Libertarian Party of the District of Columbia. Retrieved February 16, 2014.
- "Faculty and Staff". College of Arts and Sciences, University of the District of Columbia. Archived from the original on February 12, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "William Hanff". Libertarian Party. Retrieved February 16, 2014.