|Founded||3 March 2009|
|Headquarters||Svartviksvägen 21, 16741 Stockholm|
|Ideology||anti-Lisbon Treaty, Euroscepticism|
|European Parliament group||none|
|Politics of Sweden
On 26 February 2009, Libertas announced that it wanted to open a branch in Sweden and appealed for the 1500 signatures required to register as a political party in Sweden. The results were submitted to the Valmyndigheten (the Swedish Election Authority) 58 minutes before the deadline expired. Unusually, they were not submitted as a list of signatures: instead, a document from a Notary Public certifying that the signatures existed was submitted in its place.
Libertas Sweden (Libertas Sverige) was set up under Jesper Katz, a former member of Junilistan. Sören Wibe of Junilistan stated that Ganley had visited Sweden in January and offered Junilistan 10 million kronor (SEK) to rename the party to "Junilistan - Libertas", and that Junilistan had rejected the offer and Libertas.
European Parliament elections, 2009
Libertas Sweden intended to contend the 2009 Euroelections on the specific issue of a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. The policies and core values of the umbrella pan-European party Libertas.eu were on its website or on the main article here.
On 21 May 2009 Libertas Sweden announced that it was ending its campaign, stating that it did not have the resources to cover the cost of printing and transporting ballots.
- "Registrerade partibeteckningar", from the Sweden Election Authority website
- "Hjälp Libertas bli ett registrerat parti" Libertas, 26 February 2009, English translation here
- "Libertas Sverige blir ett registrerat parti " Libertas website, Tuesday, 3 March 2009, English translation here
- "Hemligt kring parti inför EU-val", 6 March 2009, Svenska Dagbladet
- "Hjälp Libertas bli ett registrerat parti" Thursday, 26 February 2009 from the Libertas website
- "Nytt nejparti ställer upp i EU-valet", 3 March 2009, from dn.se, English translation here
- "Libertas launches in Sweden", Stockholm, April 27, 2009, http://www.libertas.eu/
- "Vi nådde inte enda fram – den här gången!", 2009-05-21, libertas.eu, English translation here