Christine M. Rose
|Christine M. Rose|
|Born||Christine M. Weisheit
November 12, 1969
Parma, Ohio, USA
Her debut novel Rowan of the Wood won the 2009 National Indie Excellence Award for YA fiction and received excellent reviews, including Austin Monthly Magazine, Front Street Reviews, Teens Read Too, and the MidWest Book Review.
In 2009, she was named one of the top 100 Twitter authors by Mashable for her social networking skills. Her first nonfiction book "Publishing & Marketing Realities for the Emerging Author" became an Amazon.com bestseller in its first week.
Rose's freelance work has appeared in "MovieMaker Magazine " and on "CommonDreams." Before it became defunct, she frequently contributed content to the Best Damn Creative Writing Blog on social networking, creative writing, the publishing industry, and marketing tips for the working author.
In 2010, she began writing paranormal romance under the pen name O. M. Grey, whose steampunk novel Avalon Revisited was an Amazon.com Gothic romance bestseller and won The Steampunk Chronicle's 2012 Reader's Choice Award for Best Fiction. O. M. Grey has published several short stories, including "Dead Mule Crossing," in a Pill Hill Press anthology; "Twenty Minutes," in an SNM Horror Anthology; and "Dust on the Davenport" for a podcast anthology with veteran podcasters and authors Tee Morris and Philippa Ballantine. This last title also won The Steampunk Chronicle's 2012 Reader's Choice Award for best short story.
O. M. Grey enjoyed her first appearance as a literary guest of honor along with Cherie Priest at the 2011 Wild Wild West Steampunk Convention in Tucson, Arizona. Other Literary Guest of Honor appearances: Aetherfest in San Antonio (2011 & 2012), The Difference Engine (2011) in Fort Worth, Clockwork Con in Austin, Texas (2012), and HRM Steampunk Symposium in Long Beach, California (2012), just to name a few. The 2011 Steampunk World's Fair in Somerset, New Jersey, not only had Ms. Grey as an honored literary guest, but also celebrated Olivia by naming her "Muse of the Fair" by popular vote. In 2012, she was the cover model for Gearhearts Steampunk Revue #3, which also included a photo spread inside, as well as her short story "Of Aether and Aeon" and an in-depth interview.
Rose keeps a blog at  and currently lives in Northern California with her husband and co-author Ethan Rose. Together they have published four novels in the "Rowan of the Wood" fantasy series. The fifth book, "Spirit of the Otherworld" will be published late in 2013.
- Rowan of the Wood (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-0-9819949-0-1 (2008)
- Witch on the Water (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-0-9819949-2-5 (2009)
- Fire of the Fey (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-0-9819949-6-3 (2010)
- Power of the Zephyr (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-1-936960-94-1 (2012)
- As O. M. Grey:
- Avalon Revisited (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-0-9819949-5-6 (2010)
- The Zombies of Mesmer (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-1-936960-92-7 (2011)
- Caught in the Cogs: An Eclectic Collection (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-1-936960-90-3 (2011)
- Avalon Revisited (Riverdale Ave Books) ISBN 978-1626010086 (2013)
- "Publishing & Marketing Realities for the Emerging Author" (Blue Moose Press) ISBN 978-0-9819949-4-9 (2011)
- As O. M. Grey:
- "Dust on the Davenport" (2011) Podcast. Tales from the Archives. Episode Two.
- "Dead Mule Crossing" (2011) in How the West Was Wicked Anthology. (Pill Hill Press) ISBN 978-1-61706-086-1; eSteampunk eZine, October 2012
- "Of Aether and Aeon" (2011) in Steampunk Adventures Magazine, June/July 2011; Gearhearts Steampunk Revue, July 2012
- "Twenty Minutes" (2011) in SNM Horror Magazine, July 2011; Bonded By Blood IV (SNM Horror) ISBN 978-1-46803-403-5
- "The Tragic Tale of Doctor Fausset" (2011) in "Stories in the Ether" by Nevermet Press, November 2011
- "A Kiss in the Rain" (2013) by Riverdale Ave Books, January 2013; SNM Horror, February 2013
- "Final Word" (2013) in "The Rusty Nail," January 2013
- As O. M. Grey:
- "New York Rain" (2011) in Bar None Group Hall of Fame, October 2011
- "If I Had Known..." (2011) in Long Story Short, February 2012
- "Look Into My Eyes" (2012) in SNM Horror Magazine, August 2012
- "Rowan of the Wood". 2009 National Indie Excellence Award - YA Fiction. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Craddock, Codi (October 2008). "Read: The People Behind the Pages Christine and Ethan Rose". Austin Monthly Magazine: 70.
- Jaskiewicz, A. E. "Rowan of the Wood". Front Street Reviews. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Morrison, Marta. "Rowan of the Wood by Christine & Ethan Rose". Teens Read Too. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Kennedy, Victoria. "Rowan of the Wood". Victoria's Bookshelf. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Chapman, Cameron. "Literary Tweets: 100+ of the Best Authors on Twitter". Mashable. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Rose, Christine (19 March 2006). "From Pittance to Paris: True Independent Spirit". MovieMaker Magazine 62 (13): 38–39.
- Rose, Christine (28 August 2005). "Our Arrogance Will be the End of Us". CommonDreams.org. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Rose, Christine. "Best Damn Creative Writing Blog". Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Mollins, Julie (August 18, 2011). "Author creates second identity as O.M. Grey". Reuters. "It's no secret that good storytelling involves characters who are in opposition to generate controversy -- but author Christine Rose has taken this a step further by developing an opposing second identity as O.M. Grey."
- "The Steampunk Chronicle's 2012 Reader's Choice Awards". Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Grey, O. M. "Dead Mule Crossing". Pill Hill Press Anthologies. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- Grey, O. M. "Twenty Minutes". SNM Horror Anthologies. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Grey, O. M. "Dust on the Davenport". The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Literary Guests of Honor". Wild Wild West Con. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Literary Guest". Aetherfest. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Literary Guest". Steampunk Worlds Fair. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- Official website
- Christine M. Rose at the Internet Movie Database
- O.M. Grey official website
- Christine Rose at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database