Liberty High School (Ohio)
|Liberty High School|
|1 Leopard Way
Youngstown, Ohio, Trumbull County, 44505
|School district||Liberty Local Schools|
|NCES District ID||3905019|
|NCES School ID||390501903871|
|Asst. Principal||Joseph Lukz|
|Color(s)||Maroon and gold|
|Fight song||Minnesota Rouser|
|Athletics conference||All-American Conference White Division|
|Newspaper||The Leopard's Roar|
|Athletic Director||George Gulgus|
- For schools with a similar name, see Liberty High School (disambiguation).
Ohio High School Athletic Association Championships
- Boys Cross Country – 1975
- Girls Track and Field – 1978
- Wrestling (individual 275 lbs) - John Delgarbino 1991
- Wrestling (individual 103 lbs) - Joe Joltin 1994
- Wrestling (individual 112 lbs) - Joe Joltin 1995
Other notable athletic accomplishments
- Boys Basketball - Trumbull County's longest winning streak, 63 regular season games. The streak began on Feb. 20, 1987 and ended on Dec. 4, 1990.
WLHS-TV3 was the closed circuit television station that broadcast throughout the high school. Regular shows included the "Morning Update" and the "Afternoon Update". WLHS also broadcast full coverage of special events such as pep rallies, student voting and fundraisers. WLHS-TV3 was created and built by student Dave Malkoff in 1993. The station was funded by a grant from the Liberty Local School District. Transmission was provided by utilizing equipment installed by Whittle Communications for their "Channel One" program.
- Jerry DePizzo, musician in O.A.R.
- Dave Malkoff, Television Correspondent with The Weather Channel
- Bradley Fletcher, NFL player for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Fitzgerald Toussaint, running back for the Michigan Wolverines
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Liberty Local". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Liberty High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "School Building Report for Liberty High School". Ohio Department of Education. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association website". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Patton happy for McDonald boys".
- KFI-AM 640 Interview with Dave Malkoff