Liberty Lines Transit
Liberty Lines Transit, Inc. is a contract operator of the Bee-Line Bus System of Westchester County, New York and a former operator of contract service to the New York City Department of Transportation. The company's headquarters are located in Yonkers, New York. It currently operates around 320 vehicles, all similar to the one pictured on the top right and all owned by Westchester County.
Liberty Lines Express Inc., from 1953 to 2004, also operated express bus service from the Bronx and Yonkers to Manhattan, under the Liberty Lines Express brand, successor to the former operators of Pelham Parkway Express Inc. & Riverdale Transit Inc., similar to the bus pictured on the bottom right. This service is now run by MTA Bus effective on January 3, 2005, and operating out of its existing Yonkers Bus Depot.
Those routes were:
- BxM1 East Midtown Manhattan - Riverdale (formerly Riverdale Transit Inc.)
- BxM2 West Midtown Manhattan - Riverdale (formerly Riverdale Transit Inc.)
- BxM3 Midtown Manhattan - Getty Square, Westchester, via Bronx and Sedgwick Av. (formerly Riverdale Transit Inc.)
- BxM4A Midtown Manhattan - Bedford Park (discontinued under MTA Bus) (formerly Riverdale Transit Inc.)
- BxM4B Midtown Manhattan - Woodlawn, via Grand Concourse and Katonah Av. (now BxM4) (formerly Riverdale Transit Inc.)
- BxM11 Midtown Manhattan - Wakefield, via White Plains Road (formerly Pelham Parkway Express Inc.)
- BxM18 Financial District, Manhattan - Riverdale
In popular culture
- A Liberty Lines bus is featured in quite a few scenes in 1984's Moscow on the Hudson. It is used to transport a Russian circus company around NYC, especially to Bloomingdales where Robin Williams' character defects.
|This transport corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|