|Born||Liberty Lettice Lark Ross
23 September 1978
|Spouse(s)||Rupert Sanders (m. 2002; div. 2014)|
|Relatives||Atticus Ross (brother)
Leopold Ross (brother)
Miles Lampson, 1st Baron Killearn (grandfather)
Liberty Lettice Lark Ross (born 23 September 1978) is an English model and actress. She has appeared in publications such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, i-D, and Dazed & Confused. She played the role of Queen Eleanor in the 2012 fantasy film Snow White and the Huntsman, directed by her then-husband, Rupert Sanders. She is the sister of composers Atticus and Leopold Ross.
Ross was discovered by Mario Testino where he asked her and a group of friends to do a shoot for British Vogue. She worked sporadically as a model throughout her childhood. She appeared on Ozzy Osbourne's No Rest for the Wicked album cover at the age of nine. In 1992 she signed with Storm Model Management.
Ross was awarded Model of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 2000.
In 2000 she was the face of an Emanuel Ungaro ad campaign.
In 2003 she became the face of the luxury footwear brand Jimmy Choo.
In 2004 she modelled for Dior's Addict perfume.
Notable covers and editorials
In May 2000, Ross appeared on the twentieth anniversary cover of The Face alongside Kate Moss.
Ross appeared on the cover of British Vogue twice, making her first appearance on a solo cover in June 2000 photographed by her friend Mario Testino. Her second appearance was on the January 2002 cover, again photographed by Testino, alongside nine other British models including Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant and Erin O'Connor.
Ross also contributed to British Vogue's online blog from 2009 to 2012.
Ross married director Rupert Sanders in 2002. Though both Ross and Sanders are British, they moved to Los Angeles to further Sanders' career, and Ross focused on being a wife and mother. Together they have two children, daughter Skyla and son Tennyson. In July 2012, Us Weekly published photos of Sanders cheating on Ross with actress Kristen Stewart, prompting Sanders and Stewart to issue separate public apologies. Ross subsequently filed for divorce from Sanders in January 2013, seeking joint custody, spousal support, and legal fees. The divorce was finalised on 30 May 2014.
|2009||Thinly Veiled||Shelby Sommer|
|2010||Lipstick Lies||Model||Short film|
|2011||Packing Heat||Femme Fatale||Short film|
|2012||Snow White and the Huntsman||Queen Eleanor|
- Liberty Ross Biography Vogue.co.uk, 26 January 2012
- Liberty Ross: Today I'm Wearing Vogue.co.uk, 23 September 2011
- More on Liberty Ross, Wronged Wife in Kristen Stewart’s Cheating Scandal nymag.com, 26 July 2012
- Liberty Ross: 6 Things to Know About Rupert Sanders' Wife ABC News, 28 July 2012
- "Liberty Ross". Into The Gloss. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Evgenia PeretzPhotographs by Norman Jean Roy. "Liberty Ross Speaks on Husband Rupert Sanders’s Affair with Kristen Stewart". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "Magazine". Net-a-porter.com. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "Liberty Ross - SHOWstudio - The Home of Fashion Film". SHOWstudio. 2013-11-28. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Yotka, Steff. "LIBERTY ROSS DESIGNS DAY-TO-NIGHT DENIM FOR GENETIC". Fashionista.com. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
- "Kristen Stewart Cheats on Robert Pattinson With Director Rupert Sanders". Us Weekly. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Liberty Ross: 6 Things to Know About Rupert Sanders' Wife". ABC News. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Boucher, Phil (26 July 2012). "Kristen Stewart, Rupert Sanders at Cast Dinner in May (Photo)". People. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart, Rupert Sanders apologize for affair". CBCNews. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Apology to Robert Pattinson for Cheating". People Magazine. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Cheating Apology: PR Insider Weighs In". Huffington Post. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (July 25, 2012). "Rupert Sanders apologizes for Kristen Stewart hookup". L.A. Times. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "Liberty Ross Files for Divorce from Rupert Sanders". People. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Liberty Ross and director Rupert Sanders have finalized their divorce". UPI.com. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- De Bertadano, Helena. "Liberty at last: Liberty Ross on moving on and falling in love again after THAT affair". http://www.standard.co.uk/. London Evening Standard. Retrieved September 12, 2014.