Liberty Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Liberty Township, Logan County, Ohio|
A church in Liberty Township
Location of Liberty Township in Ohio
Municipalities and townships of Logan County
|• Total||15.3 sq mi (39.6 km2)|
|• Land||15.3 sq mi (39.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,145 ft (349 m)|
|• Density||204.9/sq mi (79.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086486|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lake Township - north
- Jefferson Township - northeast
- Monroe Township - east
- Salem Township, Champaign County - south
- Harrison Township, Champaign County - southwest
- Union Township - west
- Harrison Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officer position or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.