|Slogan||Много книг (English: A lot of books)|
|Commercial?||Yes (from November 26, 2009)|
|Type of site||Digital library|
|Registration||Optional, but registration allows to use much more functions|
|Created by||Ilja Larin|
|Alexa rank||3025 in the World, 216 in Runet|
|Works and develops|
Librusec (Russian: Либрусек) is a library internet portal, the owner of which, Ilja Larin (Russian: Илья Ларин), lives in Ecuador. Most of the content is in the Russian language, but the collection also has significant material in Ukrainian, Belarusian, English, German, French, Spanish and other languages. According to the rules of the library, Librusec calls itself a pirate library, opposes copyright laws and claims to operate under the laws of Ecuador. Users are asked to refrain from using it if it is illegal in their countries.
Librusec was launched in June 2007 by Ilja Larin. According to the site server statistics, on 13 March 2009 the number of visits per day exceeded 100 000.
During the entire period of its existence, the site was regularly criticized by individuals and organizations fighting against copyright infringement on the Internet.
On 11 November 2012, Librusec's IP address was added to the Russian Internet blacklist, making it inaccessible from most ISPs in Russia. According to a leaked copy of the blacklist, the entire website was blocked for a description of marijuana soup in a Russian translation of The Anarchist Cookbook. The IP address was unblocked on 13 November after The Anarchist Cookbook was removed by Librusec administrators.
- Ilja Larin (November 26, 2009). "Librusec becomes store" (in Russian language). Librusec. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Librusec becomes store" (in Russian language). Mobus News. November 30, 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Lib.rus.ec Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Librusec Rules" (in Russian language). Librusec. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "ROTOR prize 2009" (in Russian language). ROTOR prize oficcial websie. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "ROTOR prize: final" (in Russian language). Lenta.Ru. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Заблокирован IP Либрусека. Госорганы добрались до библиотек" (in Russian). RuBlackList. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Список запрещенных сайтов утек в интернет" [The list of prohibited websites has been leaked on the Internet] (in Russian). Lenta.Ru. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- ""Либрусек" и Rutracker исключили из реестра сайтов с запрещенной информацией" (in Russian). Gazeta.ru. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Библиотека "Либрусек" удалила "Поваренную книгу анархиста"" (in Russian). Lenta.Ru. 14 November 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.