Licking Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Licking Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||27.2 sq mi (70.3 km2)|
|• Land||26.4 sq mi (68.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|Elevation||955 ft (291 m)|
|• Density||146.4/sq mi (56.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086467|
Located on the southern edge of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Heath - north
- Franklin Township - east
- Bowling Green Township - southeast
- Thorn Township, Perry County - south
- Union Township - west
The city of Heath has annexed parts of northern Licking Township. Much of that area has been moved by the city into its own paper township, but some areas remain in Licking Township. As well, the census-designated place of Harbor Hills is located in the southern part of the township, and the unincorporated community of Jacksontown lies at the center of the township.
Name and history 
Statewide, the only other Licking Township is located in Muskingum County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Prince, Charles (12 February 2011). "Trustee questions fairness of dual taxation". The Buckeye Lake Beacon. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.