Lie to Me (2011 TV series)
|Lie To Me|
First official poster
|Written by||Kim Ye-ri|
|Directed by||Kim Soo-ryung
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Running time||Monday & Tuesday 21:55 (KST)|
|Original channel||SBS (South Korea)|
|Original run||9 May 2011– 28 June 2011|
|Followed by||Warrior Baek Dong-soo|
The series revolves around a civil servant named Gong Ah-jung (played by Yoon) who pretends to be the wife of the wealthy hotel heir, Hyun Ki-joon (played by Kang) in order to impress her former friend. It is directed by Kim Soo-ryung and Kwon Hyuk-chan, produced by Jo Sung-won and written by Kim Ye-ri.
Gong Ah-jung (Yoon Eun-hye) is a government employee of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. At the beginning of the series, Ah-jung lies to an antagonistic friend about being married, not to lose face in front of her. The lie quickly snowballs (due to several misunderstandings) until Ah-jung realizes that everyone is gossiping about her supposed, secret marriage to Hyun Ki-joon (Kang Ji-hwan), the very wealthy president of World Hotel.
As the rumour spreads, a miserable Ki-joon is forced to combat the rumors to his friends as he decides a plan of action in getting Ah-jung to correct her lie. Ki-joon and Ah-jung decide to take action to squash the rumors, with Ah-jung agreeing to call together her friends so she can confess her discretion. When this doesn't go as planned, Ki-joon decides to take legal action against Ah-jung. However, after a series of events that bond the pair together, they both agree that pretending to be married for a short while would be mutually beneficial though Ki-joon promises that Ah-jung's lie is not forgiven and that he will eventually go ahead and follow through with his lawsuit.
Things become even more complicated when Ki-joon's ex-fiance returns from France. Ki-joon and Ah-jung grow closer and more fond of one another over the duration of their pretended marriage and Ki-joon finds himself questioning his commitment to his former fiance Yoon-joo.
- Yoon Eun-Hye as Gong Ah-jung
- Kang Ji-hwan as Hyun Ki-joon - CEO of World Hotel
- Sung Joon as Hyun Sang-hee - Ki-joon's brother
- Jo Yoon-hee as Oh Yoon-joo - Ki-joon's Ex Fiancee
- Hong Soo-hyun as Yoo So-ran - Ah-jung's frenemy
- Ryu Seung-soo as Chun Jae-bum - So-ran's husband and Ah-jung's first love
- Kwon Se-in as Park Hoon - Ki-joon's secretary
- Park Ji-yoon as Manager Park Ji-yoon - Ki-joon's friend and manager of the hotel
- Kang Shin-il as Gong Joon-ho - Ah-jung's dad
- Lee Kyung-jin as Shim Ae-kyung - Joon-ho's longtime love
- Kwon Hae-hyo as Hwang Suk-bong - Ae-kyung's admirer and Sang-hee's friend
- Kang Rae-yeon as Rae-yeon
- Song Ji-eun as Ji-eun
- Kim Bo-yeon as Bo-yeo
- Jang Woo-young as Kim Yeon-nim
- Kim Gyu-jin as Gyu-jin
- Ahn Jung-hoon as Manager Ahn
- Park Hyo-joon as Hyo-joon
- Ja Doo as Ja Doo
- Min Joon-hyun as journalist
- Danny Ahn as Ki-joon's friend (cameo)
- Choi Yoon-so as arranged marriage partner (cameo)
- Yoo Ha-na as herself (cameo)
|2011-05-09||01||8.2% (19th)||10.1% (11th)|
|2011-05-10||02||8.3% (20th)||10.0% (10th)|
|2011-05-17||04||7.6% (16th)||9.3% (8th)|
|2011-05-23||05||7.9% (19th)||9.5% (14th)|
|2011-05-24||06||8.6% (11th)||10.5% (7th)|
|2011-05-30||07||8.2% (17th)||9.8% (10th)|
|2011-05-31||08||8.5% (12th)||10.4% (10th)|
|2011-06-06||09||9.2% (10th)||11.4% (6th)|
|2011-06-07||10||9.3% (10th)||10.0% (9th)|
|2011-06-13||11||8.7% (13th)||10.7% (8th)|
|2011-06-14||12||8.9% (9th)||11.7% (7th)|
|2011-06-20||13||8.4% (12th)||9.7% (9th)|
|2011-06-21||14||8.7% (9th)||9.8% (8th)|
|2011-06-28||16||8.0% (16th)||8.4% (17th)|
Source: TNmS Media Korea
The series aired in Japan on Fuji TV in August of 2011 following several rebroadcasts of Yoon Eun-Hye's previous dramas. The drama also aired in 2012 by Philippine Television Network GMA Network. On its Primetime Block GMA Telebabad which aired from June 2012- August 2012.
- ""Lie to Me" Kang Ji-hwan and Yoon Eun-hye 'hot kiss'". Hancinema. 2011-05-24. Retrieved 2014-3-11.
- "True Romance: new spin on rom-coms?". The Korea Times. 2011-05-08. Retrieved 2014-3-11.