|Headquarters||Columbus, Ohio, USA|
|Key people||Scott Barbour, Executive Vice President, Emerson Network Power Systems
Steve Hassel, President, Data Center Solutions, Emerson Network Power Systems
Frank Bibens, President, Global (Liebert) Services, Emerson Network Power Systems
Liebert Corporation, a business of the Emerson Network Power platform of Emerson Electric, is a global manufacturer of power, precision cooling and infrastructure management systems for mainframe computer, server racks, and critical process systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, the business employs more than 1,800 people across 12 manufacturing plants worldwide.
Founded by Ralph C. Liebert (1918-1984) as Capitol Refrigeration Industries in 1946, Liebert Corporation was formed in 1965 as the industry’s first designer and manufacturer of computer room air conditioning (CRAC) systems. Targeted to the mainframe computer data-processing market, Liebert CRAC systems were the first self-contained units capable of maintaining air temperature, humidity and air quality within precision tolerances.
In 1977, Liebert launched sister company Conditioned Power Corporation to design and manufacture power distribution, conditioning and monitoring systems for the data processing industry. The company remained a wholly owned subsidiary until 1981, when it became a division of Liebert Corporation upon the company’s initial public offering. The company strengthened this division in 1983 with the acquisition of Franklin Electric subsidiary Programmed Power Corporation. The acquisition expanded the capabilities of the company’s power division to include the design and manufacture of uninterruptible power supplies.
Liebert Corporation was acquired by Emerson Electric Co. of St. Louis, Missouri in 1987. The company remained a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson until 2000, when the company consolidated its network and computer protection businesses to form its Emerson Network Power platform group. As part of the Emerson Network Power platform, the Liebert and Liebert Services businesses offer power, cooling, monitoring and management stuff for critical data center applications, as well as professional services.
- AC Power Systems: Uninterruptible power systems and associated power distribution equipment and enclosures.
- Categories: Desktop/Workstation; Rackmount; Network; Large Facility; Power Distribution and Conditioning; Rack-Based PDU
- Precision Cooling Equipment:
- Categories: High-Density Modular, Small Room, Large Room, Telecom, Industrial, Heat Rejection, Economizer
- Server Racks and Integrated Cabinets: Standard and customized integrated cabinets with self-contained air conditioning, UPS and wiring management.
- Categories: Indoor Racks and Accessories; Aisle Containment; Bundles; High-Density Cooling Integrated
- Infrastructure Management: including monitoring software and services.
Liebert Services Business
Emerson Network Power’s Liebert Services business was formed in 1985 as Liebert Global Services, a business unit of Liebert Corporation. The business currently employs more than 350 customer engineers to support more than 35,000 clients in more than 70 countries.
Emerson Network Power Liebert Services specializes in network reliability programs including design, engineering, installation, project management and on-site operations management, preventive maintenance and energy-consumption monitoring for data centers, telecom networks and other mission-critical applications.
Specific professional service categories include:
- Business-Critical Services
- Data Center Availability Assessments, UPS Service, Battery Service, Precision Cooling Service, Enterprise Remote Monitoring
- Professional Account Management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Service Networks, Customer Resolution Centers
- Acquisition History, Emerson Network Power Fact Sheet
- "Company News; Liebert Acquisition. The Emerson Electric Company said it had tentatively agreed to acquire the Liebert Corporation in an exchange of stock valued at about $430 million.". The New York Times. December 24, 1986. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- “A history of innovation and customer support,” Company History from Corporate Web Site 
- “Emerson Network Power Liebert Services Global HQ,” Company History from Corporate Web Site