Life Extension Foundation
The Life Extension Foundation (LEF) is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, established by co-founders Saul Kent and William Faloon in 1980. It claims that its primary purpose is to fund research and disseminate information on life extension, preventive medicine, anti-aging and optimal health as well as sports performance, with a focus on hormonal and nutritional supplementation, deriving much of its income from the sale of vitamins and supplements. In May 2013, the IRS revoked the Life Extension Foundations tax-exempt status, retroactive to 2006. Forbes reported that "The IRS’ problem with the Foundation is [...] an entirely worldly one: it asserts the membership organization’s operations seem to be too entwined with the for-profit Life Extension Buyers Club."
The LEF publishes a magazine monthly entitled Life Extension that discusses health research and the use of dietary supplements. Part of the organization’s profits from the sale of supplements and membership dues is used to fund independent research  aimed at discovering new therapies for slowing and reversing the aging process. Life Extension has provided financial support to help fund research on cryonics and anti-aging. The LEF is also a consumer advocacy organization that promotes public access to health products and information.
- Heard, Alex (1997-09-28). "Technology makes us optimistic; They want to live". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- Rose, Steve (2004-01-23). "Stephen Valentine talks about the battle to conquer death". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- "House approves mail-order purchase of drugs". USATODAY.com. 2001-07-11. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- "Funding Scientific Research". The Principal Mission of the Life Extension Foundation. Life Extension Foundation. 1995-2013. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Report of Examination". Internal Revenue Service. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Reilly, Peter J. "IRS Kills Tax Exemption Of Foundation Pushing Eternal Life". Forbes. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Life Extension Magazine". Life Extension Foundation. 1995-2008. Retrieved 2008-02-04.