"Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries" is a popular song with music by Ray Henderson and lyrics by Lew Brown, published in 1931.
It was Ethel Merman who introduced this song in George White's Scandals of 1931. A Rudy Vallee version, recorded in 1931, spent five weeks in the top 10 pop music charts. The song was revived in 1953 by singer Jaye P. Morgan.
The song title gave rise to the revue of composer Ray Henderson's music called It's the Cherries, which launched the American Composer Series in 2000.
- Young, William H.; Young, Nancy K. (2005), Music of the Great Depression, Greenwood, ISBN 0313332304
- ^ Young 2005, p. 47.
- ^ "Remembering Yesterday's Hits". Reader's Digest Association, Inc., 1986 ISBN 0-89577-249-3
- ^ "Joel Whitburn presents A Century of Pop Music". Records Research, Inc., 1999 ISBN 0-89820-135-7
- ^ "Single Releases". Jaye P. Morgan (official website). Retrieved 8 Mar 2011.
- ^ "The Music of Ray Henderson". The American Composer Series. Retrieved 8 Mar 2011.