Life Is a Long Quiet River
|Life Is a Long Quiet River|
|Directed by||Étienne Chatiliez|
|Music by||Gérard Kawczynski|
|Edited by||Chantal Delattre|
In a maternity clinic two children from families with completely different social backgrounds are switched at birth. One goes on to live in an upper-middle-class family while the other to a poor family. Twelve years later, the mistake is discovered and the child living with the poor family is taken back by his parents, but keeps in touch with his former family and makes them encounter his new brothers and sisters. A series of satirical and comedic scenes follow.
Due in part to the film's being shown on French television rather often, it has gained a sort of cult following among young French people. The song 'Jésus Reviens' sung at church in the film is instantly recognisable to many French youth as a key example of the film's many satirical digs at the French Catholic bourgeois culture in the era it was filmed.
- Benoît Magimel - Momo Groseille
- Valérie Lalonde - Bernadette Le Quesnoy
- Tara Römer - Million Groseille (as Tara Romer)
- Jérôme Floch - Toc-Toc Groseille
- Sylvie Cubertafon - Ghislaine
- Emmanuel Cendrier - Pierre Le Quesnoy
- Guillaume Hacquebart - Paul Le Quesnoy
- Jean-Brice Van Keer - Mathieu Le Quesnoy
- Praline Le Moult - Emmanuelle Le Quesnoy
- Axel Vicart - Franck
- Claire Prévost - Roselyne Groseille
- Hélène Vincent - Madame Marielle Le Quesnoy
- André Wilms - Monsieur Jean Le Quesnoy
- Christine Pignet - Madame Groseille
- Maurice Mons - Monsieur Groseille
- Catherine Jacob - Marie-Thérèse
- Catherine Hiegel - Josette
The movie received 7 nominations to the César Award :
|César Award||César Award for Best Supporting Actress||Hélène Vincent||Won|
|César Award for Most Promising Actress||Catherine Jacob||Won|
|César Award for Best Debut||Étienne Chatiliez||Won|
|César Award for Best Writing||Étienne Chatiliez
|César Award for Best Film||Étienne Chatiliez||Nominated|
|César Award for Best Supporting Actor||Patrick Bouchitey||Nominated|
|César Award for Best Costume Design||Elisabeth Tavernier||Nominated|
- ""Neuilly sa mère": Dans la misère des banlieues riches (Neuilly sa mère: in the misery of rich suburbs)". Le Monde. 2009-08-11.
- Aubron, Arnaud (2009-08-12). "" Neuilly sa mère " : le cinéma est un long fleuve tranquille (Neuilly sa mère: cinema is a long quiet river)". Rue 89. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "" Neuilly sa mère ! ", un Groseille chez Sarko". Libération. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|This article related to a French film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|