Life support (disambiguation)
Life support is a set of therapies for preserving a patient's life when essential body systems are not functioning sufficiently to sustain life.
Life support may also refer to the following:
- Advanced cardiac life support, urgent treatment for life-threatening emergencies
- Basic life support, prehospital care provided by trained responders
- Life support (aviation), the field centered on ensuring the safety of aircrew
- Life support system, the technologies used in human spaceflight
The practice of marketing add-on accessories to enable older equipment to function as a "host" device for more technologically advanced functions that it isn't natively capable of doing.
- The Sega 32X was meant to keep the aging Sega Genesis on the market simply by using an external addon to enhance the number of simultaneous colors allowed on the Genesis, though the Genesis itself used different strategies to give an apparent diversity of colors, simply by dithering them, and having the cross-color artifacting of the TV giving the illusion of more than 64 simultaneous colors.
- External cellular phone battery chargers (sometimes used for digital audio players and smartphones) which also act as an external battery for those devices also facilitate life support for these devices.
- "Life Support" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), third season episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Life Support (TV series), Australian television comedy
- Life Support (film), 2007 movie
- A song in the Jonathan Larson musical Rent
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.