Life with Boys
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|Life with Boys|
|Created by||Michael Poryes|
|Directed by||Stefan Scaini
|Opening theme||"A Wonderful Life" performed by Katia Zuccarelli|
|Composer(s)||Craig McConnell and Justin Forsley|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||41 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Poryes
|Running time||22.42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nelvana Studio
|Original channel||YTV (Canada), TeenNick (United States)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||September 9, 2011 – present|
Life with Boys is a Canadian teen sitcom that started broadcasting in Canada on YTV in September 2011. It follows Tess Foster (Torri Webster) as she copes with living in a home with just boys: her father, Jack, and three brothers, Gabe, Spencer and Sam. With the help of her best friend, Allie (Madison Pettis), she pulls through. Life with Boys is created by Michael Poryes, who also co-created Hannah Montana and That's So Raven.
Each half-hour episode follows 15-year-old Tess Foster as she navigates her way through the turmoil of teen life while living at home with her single, overprotective dad and three brothers. Although Tess admires the four important men in her life, they do have four totally different perspectives. Despite the shortcomings of being the only girl in a male household, the boys can sometimes offer solid advice. Whether it's building up the courage to talk to a boy, dealing with an obnoxious one, or coping with the repercussions of being the only girl on the boys' wrestling team, Life with Boys sheds a comedic light on many of life's difficult moments.
- Tess Foster (Torri Webster) is 15 years old and the only girl in a house of all boys. She is the only girl on her school's wrestling team, and sometimes deals with what comes with that. Her best friend is Allie and most of the shenanigans she gets into involve her. Tess sometimes feels like she is thrown under the bus in her house full of brothers, but at the end of the day loves them even though she feels overwhelmed. Tess is sometimes referred to as the "BoyGirl Freak" by her peers because of her interest in sports. She also is a member of the Mathletes.
- Allie Brooks (Madison Beer) is Tess' best friend, a bright and popular cheerleader who loves fashion and is a typical girly girl. She's a fixture at the Foster household, despite never quite understanding how Tess can survive life in a house full of boys. However, sometimes she can be a little unsupportive towards the problems Tess faces. She often spends her Christmas holiday in Tahiti and in Italy.
- Gabriel "Gabe" Foster (Nathan McLeod) is Tess' 17-year-old brother and the oldest of the Foster siblings and knows how to get his way. Gabe is one of the stereotypical boy heartthrobs of high school who is kind of a player when it comes to girls, since he usually dates more than one girl at a time. He dislikes "caring" for his younger siblings yet shows a liking for Spencer.
- Samuel Joseph "Sam" Foster (Michael Murphy) is Tess' twin brother. He is considered a nerd by many of the characters. Sam has a crush on Allie, but his efforts to win her heart always end in rejection.
- Spencer Foster (Jake Goodman) is Tess' youngest brother. He is an eight year old, precocious scary-smart, and uses these tools to his advantage.
- Jack David Foster (Sandy Jobin-Bevans) is Tess, Gabe, Spencer and Sam 's dad and is also the gym teacher at the high school. He can be a bit overprotective of his family, but he struggles the most with Tess. He is a single dad, because his wife has passed away.
- Bobby Parelli (John-Alan Slachta) is a wrestling champion. He was Tess's enemy. He and Tess started dating behind Allie's back, as Bobby was her ex-boyfriend. After a period of dating, Tess broke up with Bobby, as he went to a baseball game and faked being sick. He soon was swapping numbers with a girl in the stands.
- Kaylee (Fransesca Martin) is the show's main antagonist and Tess's rival. She enjoys making people's lives miserable. She is a head cheerleader, and popular. She can be extremely mean and lacks brains. She took advantage of Sam and asked him to complete an A+ grade assignment for her in exchange for one dance at the school formal. Her mother dated Jack Foster.
- Chloe (Madison Scott) is Allie and Tess's back-up friend when they were having a fight. She was also having a fight with her friend Zoe, who left her for the glee club. Chloe also tells Tess when all the boys are going lovesick over Tess that she needs to get a boyfriend or no girl will ever talk to her again. Chloe gets along with Kaylee. She also tell Tess that she'll miss her when Tess was going to change schools. Chloe is only seen a few times but is close friends with Allie and Tess.
- Jessica Jones-Foster (Played by unknown) is Tess′s, Gabe′s, Spencer′s and Sam′s mum. She appears as a ghost to Tess in her dream and also appears ghost driver in Jack′s car (even though nobody noticed her in the car).
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (Canada)||Originally aired (US)|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||22||September 9, 2011||October 9, 2012||December 28, 2012 (Preview)
February 6, 2013 (Premiere)
|June 26, 2013|
|2||N/A||October 23, 2012||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|2013||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series – Leading Young Actress||Torri Webster||Won|||
|Best Performance in a TV Series – Recurring Young Actor 17–21||Austin MacDonald||Nominated|
|2014||Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor||Nathan McLeod||Pending|||
|Best Performance in a TV Series - Recurring Young Actor 17-21||Austin MacDonald||Pending|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (October 2013)|
The series airs worldwide on Nickelodeon.
It previewed in the United States on December 28, 2012 and premiered on February 6, 2013 and ended on June 12, 2013. It premiered on November 21, 2011 and ended on December 22, 2012 in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It premiered in March 2012 in Australia, on March 15, 2012 in the Philippines, and on November 6, 2012 in New Zealand.
It premiered on November 4, 2013 in the Uk and Ireland.
- Press release (August 18, 2011). "Torri Webster And Madison Pettis Star In Nelvana Studio's Life With Boys Premiering September 9 On YTV". Reuters. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- I'm in Toronto, Canada to start shooting Season 2 of #LifeWithBoys!! Madison Pettis on Twitter. September 4, 2012. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "35th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved April 14, 2014.