Life with Mikey
|Life with Mikey|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||James Lapine|
|Produced by||Scott Rudin
|Written by||Marc Lawrence|
|Starring||Michael J. Fox
|Music by||Alan Menken|
|Edited by||Robert Leighton|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
|June 4, 1993|
Tagline: He's a talent agent. She's a thief. Looks like they've already got something in common.
Mikey Chapman (Michael J. Fox), a former child star and now a talent agent for child stars, discovers Angie Vega (Christina Vidal, in her first movie), a girl who pick-pockets for money and lives with her teenage sister and her boyfriend. Together, they try to hit it big and earn her a role on a series of television commercials.
- Michael J. Fox as Michael "Mikey" Chapman
- Christina Vidal as Angie Vega
- Cyndi Lauper as Geena Briganti
- Nathan Lane as Ed Chapman
- David Krumholtz as Barry Corman
- David Huddleston as Mr. Cocoran
- Victor Garber as Brian Spiro
- Mary Alice as Mrs. Gordon
- Kathryn Grody as Mrs. Corman
- Paula Garcés as Janice
- Blake McGrath as Acrobat
- Phoebe Lapine as Andrews Sister #1
- Anna Rose Menken as Andrews Sister #2
- Ali Caplan as Andrews Sister #3
In popular culture
An episode of Spin City, "Wife with Mikey", is titled with a nod to this film. It is the last episode in which Fox appears, having left the regular cast at the end of the 4th season due to his worsening Parkinson's disease. The daughter of the director of this movie Phoebe Lapine appeared in the film as one of the Andrews Sisters. Also, Anna Rose Menken the daughter of the composer of the movie has appeared next to Phoebe Lapine in the beginning of the movie.
The movie received generally negative reviews. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 22% of the 9 critics gave the film a positive review, with 2 fresh and 7 rotten review, with a rating average of 3.9 out of 10 and 39% of the audience liked it based on more than 8500 ratings.
- "MOVIE REVIEWS : A Fox Steals the Show in Too-Cute 'Life' - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1993-06-04. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Life With Mikey :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Life with Mikey". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "‘Life With Mikey’ (PG)". Washingtonpost.com. 1993-06-04. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- DAVID J. FOX (1993-06-08). "Weekend Box Office : 'Cliffhanger,' 'America' Hold On". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- DAVID J. FOX (1993-06-15). "Weekend Box Office : Universal's Monster Smash". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "'Hero': When $15 Million Isn't Quite Enough : Movie box office: By Hollywood standards, the Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle opens poorly. But Columbia is 'very, very, very happy with it.' - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1993-06-21. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- DAVID J. FOX (1993-06-22). "Weekend Box Office : 'Proposal' Joins the $100-Million Club". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|