From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ligation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ligation may refer to:
- Ligation (molecular biology), the covalent linking of two ends of DNA or RNA molecules, most commonly done using DNA ligase, RNA ligase (ATP) or other enzymes.
- In medicine, the making of a ligature (tie)
- Chemical ligation, the production of peptides from amino acids
- Tubal ligation, a method of female sterilization
- Rubber band ligation, a treatment for hemorrhoids
- In Coordination chemistry, making a bond between a ligand and a Lewis acid
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.