|Type of site||Trade website|
|Created by||Stephen Saunders|
|Editor||Ray Le Maistre|
Light Reading Inc. is a telecommunications industry information company based in New York City. Its activities include publishing, data analysis, market research, and events management. In August 2013, it migrated to UBM's DeusM community platform.
The company was founded in 2000 by Stephen Saunders and was bought by UBM for $33 million in 2005, becoming part of the UBM subsidiary CMP Media. Saunders remained as CEO and launched Internet Evolution later in 2005. Saunders bought Light Reading back in 2014.
E. Bryan Carne wrote that he would "heartily recommend" Light Reading's daily newsletter for "those who wish to keep abreast" of the telecommunications industry and that it had helped him when writing his book.
Light Reading also has its India publication, Light Reading India. The site has been covering the Indian telecom ecosystem since 2011. The editor of Light Reading India is New Delhi-based Gagandeep Kaur, who has been with the Light Reading group since January 2010.
Also on the team is Jatinder Singh, who joined from technology publication IT NEXT, where telecoms was part of his beat.
The team also got expanded in January 2013 with the appointment of Danish Khan.
- "UBM returns to MR with Light Reading acquisition". Research. 18 August 2005. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Charlotte Woodward, "UBM Tech advances DeusM strategy," BtoB Online Media Business, September 10, 2013
- "UBM Buys Light Reading". Daily Research News Online (MrWeb). 19 August 2005. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Stephen Saunders - Founder, Light Reading". Folio Mag. 31 March 2009. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- UBM Sells Light Reading Back to Founder
- Reiter, Naomi (27 August 2008). "Light Reading Buys Data Analysis Company". MinOnline (Access Intelligence). Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Carne, E. Bryan (2011). "Preface". Connections for the Digital Age: Multimedia Communications for Mobile, Nomadic and Fixed Devices. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 1118104536.