Likutei Torah/Torah Or
|Author||Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi, the first Rebbe of Chabad|
|Genre||Jewish mysticism, Chabad philosophy|
|Published||1848-1851, Zhitomir (Likutei Torah, first edition)|
Likutei Torah/Torah Or is a compilation of Chassidic treatises by the first Chabad Rebbe, Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi. The treatises are classic texts of Chabad philosophy arranged according to the Weekly Torah portion, and are studied regularly by Chabad Chassidim.
The work was published originally as Torah Or, with treatises covering Genesis and Exodus, the first two books of the Pentateuch. The second half was published at a later date under the title Likutei Torah, covering Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, the final three books of the Pentateuch.
The second volume of the work, Likutei Torah, was published by Rabbi Schneur Zalman's grandson, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneersohn, the third Rebbe of Chabad. Rabbi Menachem Mendel published his grandfather's teachings together with his own brief notes on various treatises.
Adapted English edition
An English adaptation of Lekutei Torah/Torah Or by Rabbi Yitzchak Dovid Wagshul was released in 2007 and March 2014. The 2007 adapted English edition translates and elucidates selected treatises from Torah Or, the 2014 edition includes treatises from Lekutei Torah.
- Kestenbaum auction. Accessed April 3, 2014.
- Rubin, Eli. The Oral Teachings of Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Lyadi. Chabad.org. Accessed April 3, 2014.
- chabaad Library. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Lekutei Torah in English. CrownHeights.info. Accessed April 3, 2014.
- Lekutei Torah in English. Collive.com. Accessed April 3, 2014.
- Classes on Torah Or on Chabad.org