Lillian Kinkella Keil
Captain Lillian Kinkella Keil (November 17, 1916 – June 30, 2005) was a highly decorated American World War II and Korean War flight nurse. Keil made 250 evacuation flights (23 of which were transatlantic) during World War II and 175 evacuation flights during the Korean War, becoming one of the most decorated women in American military history.
Keil was awarded 19 medals and ribbons, including:
- 4 Air Medals
- 2 Presidential Unit Citations
- 1 World War II Victory Medal
- 4 battle stars in World War II
- 1 Korean Service Medal with seven battle stars
- "Lillian Keil, decorated flight nurse in two wars, dead at 88". Associated Press. 2005-09-29.
- Hidalgo, Ellie (2005-07-15). "Obituary: Lillian Keil, flight nurse, tended to 10,000 wounded soldiers". The Tidings.