Limca Book of Records
|Limca Book of Records|
|Series||Limca Book of Records|
|Subject(s)||Records by Indians|
Limca Book of Records is a record book of Indian origin. It was first published in 1990, when the Limca Brand was owned by Parle Group. The book continued to be published by Coca-Cola, when they bought the Limca Brand. The 20th edition of this book was released by Amitabh Bachchan in March 2009. The Limca Book of Records is published with the patronage of Coca-Cola India which manufactures the soft drink called Limca.
It was started originally by Ramesh Chauhan, who sold it to Coca Cola in 1993. The current editor is Vijaya Ghose. Its year 2006 edition was launched in New Delhi by Atul Singh, CEO of Coca-Cola India. On September 25, 2007, a special edition of it was released by Coca-Cola to commemorate 60 years of India's independence. On May 30, 2008, the 19th Edition was launched in New Delhi, India. Amit Mitra, secretary-general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) addressed the attendees in this event. Its 20th edition was released by Amitabh Bachchan. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief G. Madhavan Nair also participated in this event.
The 21st edition of the book was launched on March 29, 2011. As the Sports Achievers Special Edition, it pays special tribute to the Indian sportspersons proud in the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Asian Games. The book comes out in three languages; English, Hindi and Malayalam.
See also 
Today they launched 24th edition in dedication to 100 years of indian cinema and selected 20 indian celebrities for 'People of the year'
- "Article: COCA-COLA INDIA UNVEILS THE LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS IN NEW YORK. - AsiaPulse News | HighBeam Research - FREE trial". Highbeam.com. 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "Limca Book of Records launches special Olympic edition". SiliconIndia. 2008-05-30. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Limca Book of Records 2006 edition". Blonnet.com. 2006-06-10. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "Amitabh releases Limca Book of Records’ 20th edition". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- Limca Book of Records website
- Essay on the cultural importance of record breaking in Indian culture (includes Limca references).
- Media release on Limca Book of Records
- Limca Book of Records news
- Devang Vibhakar is honored with Limca Award
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- [i-am-honored-with-a-national-record-from-limca-book-of-records/ Piyush Kumar Goel is honored with Limca Award]