Limca Book of Records
|Language||English , Hindi , Malayalam|
|Series||Limca Book of Records|
|Subject||World Records by Indians|
|Genre||World Record, Reference Book|
|Published||1990 - Present|
Limca Book of Records is annual reference book published in India documenting human and natural world records. The world records achieved by humans are further categorised in education, agriculture, medical science, business, sports, nature, adventure, radio, and cinema.
Limca Book of Records was first published in 1990, when the Limca Brand was owned by Parle Group. The book continued to be published by Coca-Cola, when they bought the Limca Brand. The Limca Book of Records is published with the patronage of Coca-Cola India which manufactures the soft drink called Limca.
It was started originally by Ramesh Chauhan, who sold it to Coca Cola in 1993. The current editor is Vijaya Ghose. Its year 2006 edition was launched in New Delhi by Atul Singh, CEO of Coca-Cola India. On September 25, 2007, a special edition of it was released by Coca-Cola to commemorate 60 years of India's independence. On May 30, 2008, the 19th Edition was launched in New Delhi, India. Amit Mitra, secretary-general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) addressed the attendees in this event. Its 20th edition was released by Amitabh Bachchan. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief G. Madhavan Nair also participated in this event.
21st text edition of the book was launched on March 29, 2011. As the Sports Achievers Special Edition, it pays special tribute to the Indian sportspersons proud in the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.
In 1996, the Indian national television channel Doordarshan telecasted 19 episodes of Limca Records Ki Anokhi Duniya which were hosted by Siddharth Kak and featured events from the book.
- "Limca Book of Records launches special Olympic edition". SiliconIndia. 2008-05-30. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Limca Book of Records 2006 edition". Blonnet.com. 2006-06-10. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "Amitabh releases Limca Book of Records’ 20th edition". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "People of the country give me inspiration: Big B". The Indian Express. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "On its silver jubilee, Limca Book of Records celebrates Women's Day". IBN Live. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Women Achievers Honoured at Launch of Limca Book of Records". The Indian Express. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Limca Book honours literary stalwarts in special edition". Business Standard. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "2015 Limca Book of Records launched at Jaipur Literature Festival amid much fanfare". Yahoo News. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Stunning stunts script record - Martial art expert wards off .22mm bullets with tongue". The Telegraph. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "History". Limca Book of Records. Retrieved 5 March 2015.