|Look up lime in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The two most common uses of the word lime include first, a group of green citrus fruits, and second, a set of inorganic mineral compounds containing calcium used in building materials and for wastewater treatment. Ironically, fruit limes are quite acidic, while the minerals are often used for their qualities as bases.
- Lime (fruit), a green citrus fruit
- Key lime
- Persian lime
- Australian limes are a family of endemic edible fruits.
- Wild lime, or Zanthoxylum fagara, is a green fruit native to the Americas.
- Tilia, a genus of trees known in Britain as lime trees
- Lime (material), a general term for inorganic materials containing calcium, usually calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide
- Agricultural lime, a soil additive containing calcium carbonate and other ingredients
- Calcium hydroxide, aka slaked lime, slack lime, limewater, pickling lime or hydrated lime
- Calcium oxide, aka burnt lime or quicklime
- Birdlime, a sticky substance spread on branches to trap small birds
- Lime, Oregon, USA
- Limé, a French commune in the Aisne departments
- Lime Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota, USA
- Lime Lake Township, Minnesota, USA
- Lime Lake, a lake in Murray County, Minnesota, USA
- Orio al Serio Airport, ICAO code LIME
Media and entertainment
- Lime (magazine), an Asian lifestyle magazine
- Lime Pictures, a TV production company
- Lime TV, a website and former television network
- Limes (magazine), an Italian geopolitical magazine
- Lime, a sister brand of the Japanese adult video game company Navel
- Lime, a Saber Marionette J character
- Lime (band), a Canadian synthpop duo
- Lime (Korean singer), Kim Hye-lim (born 1993), South Korean female singer, a member of the girl group Hello Venus
- Lime (Arvingarna album)
- LIME, an acronym for 'Landline, Internet, Mobile, Entertainment', used in the Internet industry
- LIME (Cable & Wireless), a Caribbean telecommunications company
- Lime (software), a PHP testing framework
- Lime (color), a color between yellow and green
- Limes, a border marking and defense system of the ancient Roman Empire
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lime.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.