Limerick Cricket Club
Limerick Cricket Club was founded in 1968 through the consolidation of the then existing Catholic Institute Cricket Team and the Limerick Protestant Young Mens Association (LPYMA) Cricket Team.
The 1980s was a successful decade for the club. For the first time in 1982, the club won the Munster Senior Cup. The club won the trophy 2 further times in 1986 and 1988, and were beaten finalists in 1980 and 1984. The club also won the league in 1984, 1985 and 1988.
During the early 1990s the club won the Munster Junior Cup twice and a memorable Munster Minor Cup and League double in 1992. During the mid-to-late 1990s, the club won only a couple of Munster Senior Shields and a Munster Senior Cup win.
In the early years of the millennium the club won the Munster Minor Cup in 2001 and Munster Senior Shields in 2003 and 2005 and Munster Senior League titles in 2004 and 2005.
In 2011 Limerick CC moved to their new home ground in Adare and had a remarkably successful season ending with a Munster Minor Cup and League double.
Since its inception, Limerick Cricket Club could well be described as nomadic. Initially the clubs home ground was at the LPYMA ground until the early 1970s. The ground was suffered from vandalism so a move was made to the Catholic Institute ground in Rosbrien, which was used for a couple of seasons, however the wicket was difficult to maintain.
Because of the distance involved and drop in numbers from the Shannon contingent, it was decided to move back to Limerick to the Catholic Institute, and the name reverted to Limerick Cricket Club. After a couple of seasons at the Catholic Institute, the Club was on the move again. The nomadic nature of the club led to stints at Crescent College, the County Club on the Meelick road, Lord Harrington’s Estate in Patrickswell, Old Crescent, and at the University of Limerick, which the club moved to in 1990.
In 2011 Limerick Cricket Club moved to its new grounds in Adare thereby ending the nomadic existence of the club.
The Club's committee for the 2012 season is comprised as follows:
- Club Chairman: Gay Lawlor
- Financial Controller: John Lenihan
- Youth Development Officer: Chris Thomas
- Team Manager: Declan Earley
- Club Captain: Kevin Hennessy
- Munster Senior Cup (5) - 1982, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1994
- Munster Senior League (7) - 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1992, 2004, 2005
- Munster Senior Shield (4) - 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005
- Munster Senior Plate (2) - 2006, 2007
- Munster Junior Cup (3) - 1988, 1992, 2005
- Munster Junior League (3) - 1992, 2004, 2005
- Munster Minor Cup (3) - 1992, 2001, 2011
- Munster Minor League (3) - 1992, 2011, 2012