Limestone Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|— Township —|
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||Michael Bossert|
|• Total||41.36 sq mi (107.13 km2)|
|• Land||40.31 sq mi (104.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.05 sq mi (2.73 km2) 2.55%|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||115.6/sq mi (44.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60913|
|GNIS feature ID||0429258|
Limestone Township is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 4,659. Limestone Township is one of the six original townships in the county.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Limestone Township covers an area of 41.36 square miles (107.1 km2); of this, 40.31 square miles (104.4 km2) (97.45 percent) is land and 1.05 square miles (2.7 km2) (2.55 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages 
Unincorporated towns 
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Adjacent townships 
- Rockville Township (north)
- Bourbonnais Township (northeast)
- Kankakee Township (east)
- Otto Township (southeast)
- Pilot Township (southwest)
- Salina Township (west)
- Custer Township, Will County (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Limestone and Schreffler.
Major highways 
Airports and landing strips 
- Kankakee Airport
- Kankakee River State Park (vast majority)
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 5030 West Route 17, Kankakee, IL 60901.
Political districts 
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
School districts 
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- "Limestone Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas