Limestone Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
Location in Kankakee County
Kankakee County's location in Illinois
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||Michael Bossert|
|• Total||41.41 sq mi (107.3 km2)|
|• Land||40.39 sq mi (104.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.02 sq mi (2.6 km2) 2.46%|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||124.7/sq mi (48.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60913|
|GNIS feature ID||0429258|
Limestone Township is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 5,035 and it contained 1,928 housing units. Limestone Township is one of the six original townships in the county.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 41.41 square miles (107.3 km2), of which 40.39 square miles (104.6 km2) (or 97.54%) is land and 1.02 square miles (2.6 km2) (or 2.46%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Rockville Township (north)
- Bourbonnais Township (northeast)
- Kankakee Township (east)
- Otto Township (southeast)
- Pilot Township (southwest)
- Salina Township (west)
- Custer Township, Will County (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Limestone and Schreffler.
Airports and landing strips
- Kankakee Airport
- Kankakee River State Park (vast majority)
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 5030 West Route 17, Kankakee, IL 60901.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- "Limestone Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.