Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2012)|
|Limkokwing University of Creative Technology|
Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology (2000–2010)
|Motto||Driving Innovation for Education|
|President||Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Lim Kok Wing|
|Location||Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Campus||Cyberjaya, Kuching, Melaka, Jakarta, Bali, Phnom Penh, Beijing, Gaborone, Maseru, Sierra Leone, Yemen, London|
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (referred to as LUCT, LKW or just Limkokwing) is a private international university with a presence across Africa, Europe and Asia. With its main campus in Malaysia, the university has over 30,000 students from more than 150 countries, studying in its 12 other campuses in Botswana, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Lesotho, Sierra Leone, Swaziland and the United Kingdom accredited by Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Lim Kok Wing is the founder and president of Limkokwing University of Creative Technology.
He established Wings Creative Consultants in 1975.
Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (as it was then known) was established in 1991 by founder and namesake Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Lim Kok Wing.
In 2002 the institute became the first private college to be recognised as a University College.
- The Limkokwing Bali campus in the island of Bali, Indonesia.
- The Limkokwing Borneo campus is in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, Malaysia's largest state on the island of Borneo. The campus was launched in Kuching on 19 February 2009, marking the second campus for Limkokwing University of Creative Technology in Malaysia.
- The Limkokwing Botswana campus is in the country's capital, Gaborone, and was launched on 14 May 2007.
- Limkokwing Cambodia is in Phnom Penh.
- Limkokwing Lesotho is located in Maseru, the capital of Kingdom of Lesotho. The campus was launched by the Right Honorable Prime Minister Pakalitha Mosisili on 15 October 2008. The occasion marked the first entry of a Malaysian university into Lesotho and the establishment of Limkokwing's second campus in Africa.
- The Limkokwing Malaysian campus is the flagship campus of Limkokwing University. It is in Cyberjaya, a township in Malaysia. The Limkokwing campus in Cyberjaya is home to 9,500 students from nearly 145 countries. The campus is the winner of the Highest Enrolment of Foreign Students Award and Special Award for Globalizing Malaysian Education from the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Export Excellence Award from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- Limkokwing London is in the centre of London, England, in Piccadilly, across Green Park just opposite Buckingham Palace. The campus was launched by the former Malaysian prime minister, YABhg Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi on 1 October 2007 and was the first Asian and Commonwealth country to set up a university and deliver its degrees in the country.
Limkokwing offers courses in Foundation, Diploma, Degree, Masters, DBA, PHD, Language and professional courses.
The university offers these programmes through seven faculties:
- Design Innovation
- Multimedia Creativity
- Media & Broadcasting
- Information Technology & Computing
- Business Management & Globalization
- Architecture & Built Environment
And through three schools:
- The Sound and Music Academy
- Film and Television Academy
- The International Lifestyle Design Academy
The Global Classroom allows students to choose to do their semesters in other countries. Through this initiative, a student can spend a semester or more at any one of the Limkokwing campuses.
The university has been granted a number of awards:
- Global Innovation Leadership in Education
- Outstanding Achievement in Web Development for Education Standard of Excellence, Portal Standard of Excellence, University Standard of Excellence
- The International Arch of Europe Award for Quality, Leadership, Technology and Innovation
- The Commander of the Most Meritorious Order of Mohlomi by His Majesty King Letsie III of the Kingdom of Lesotho
The consortium is made up of institutions that partner with Limkokwing University. These include:
- RMIT University
- Curtin University of Technology
- University of Melbourne
- University of East London
- The Robert Gordon University
- Anglia Ruskin University
Limkokwing through its training arm, Malaysia Design Innovation Centre (MDI), have signed memoranda of understanding (MoU) with industry partners. One of the objectives is to lend support to state governments, quasi-government organisations, multinationals, and small- and medium-size industries or enterprises in enhancing their creative capacity.
Through the resources of the university and MDI, the partners co-operate in areas such as brand development, packaging design and research and development.
- Limkokwing University: Dr Lim Kok Wing
- Limkokwing University: Founder
- ,"Limkokwing University: History".
- Limkokwing University: Campuses
- Limkokwing University: About
- The Star Online: Limkokwing to set up more campuses
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Bali
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Borneo
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Botswana
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Cambodia
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Cambodia (facilities)
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Lesotho
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Malaysia
- Study In Malaysia: Limkokwing University Profile
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – London
- ,"Limkokwing University Courses".
- ,"Limkokwing University: Hotcourses profile".
- ,"Study tour to Limkokwing Bali".
- ,"President Awards".
- "Limkokwing wins Global Innovation Leadership Award in New York".
- "Limkokwing University wins at 2010 Web Award Competition".
- "International Arch of Europe Award".
- ,"Limkokwing University Partners".
Media related to Limkokwing University of Creative Technology at Wikimedia Commons