Lincoln-Way West High School
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2008)|
|Lincoln-Way West High School|
|21701 S. Gougar Road
New Lenox, Illinois, 60451
|School type||public secondary|
|School district||Lincoln-Way Com. H.S. 210|
|Superintendent||Dr. Lawrence A. Wyllie|
|Principal||Dr. Monica Schmidt|
|Campus size||100 acres|
|Fight song||Fight, fight for Lincoln-Way West!
Herald the champions, herald the best.
Go forth and lead the attack,
All hail the Orange and Black!
With our shield and spear, we defend.
Victory! Warriors of Lincoln-Way!
Strike first and win the battle,
Lincoln-Way West, FIGHT ON!
|Athletics conference||Southwest Suburban|
|Average ACT scores||22.2|
|Newspaper||'The West Gazette'|
Lincoln-Way West High School or LWW, is a public four-year high school located about 1.5 miles south of Lincoln Highway near the intersection of Gougar Rd and the Illinois Highway in New Lenox, Illinois, a southwest suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is the part of Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210, which also includes Lincoln-Way Central High School, Lincoln-Way East High School, and Lincoln-Way North High School. Students living within the Lincoln-Way boundaries of Liberty Junior High in New Lenox School District 122 and the Lincoln-Way boundaries of Union school district attend Lincoln-Way West. The student body makeup is 53 percent male and 47 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 11 percent. As of 2013, there are 1,280 students enrolled, with 66 full-time teachers, creating a 19:1 student to teacher ratio.
Lincoln-Way West opened in 2009 to reduce the student population at Lincoln-Way Central High School. Lincoln-Way West was designed very similarly to Lincoln-Way North High School which opened in 2008, one year prior to the opening of Lincoln-Way West. Sitting on 100 acres, Lincoln-Way West is the largest site of the four high schools that comprise Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210. The principal of the school is Dr. Monica Schmidt. 
The Athletic Director is Ted Robbins and the Assistant Athletic Director is Jake Zajc.
- Gymnastics (Boys): State Champions (2010–11)
- Football: Conference Champs (2010–11, 2011–12)
- Mens Soccer: Regional Champs (2010–11, 2012–13)
- Womens Cross Country: Conference Champs (2011–12); Regional Champs (2011-2012)
- Mens Cross Country: Regional Champs (2011–12, 2012-2013)
- Mens Wrestling: Conference Champs (2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013), Regional Champs ( 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014), State Quarterfinals 2013
- Bands of America Finalist 2009
- State Finalist 2010
- "Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 Administration Staff". Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210. Retrieved 21 September 2009.
- "Lincoln-Way West administration". Lincoln-Way West High School. Retrieved 21 September 2009.
- "IHSA school information: Lincoln-Way Central High School". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 18 September 2009. Retrieved 21 September 2009.